Sunday, October 1, 2017

No wastage

We eat out almost all the time. Once when we were served too much beef stew, we kept half of it to take home before we started eating (so that our saliva would not contaminate the food that we were going to take home). Then the next day, we cooked the beef stew again by adding in white radish (lobak) and beancurd. The whole pot lasted us for two meals.

We prepared cintan non fried broad noodles to go with the white radish, beancurd beef stew. We means my spouse because he did all the cooking. :)

14 comments:

  1. I see tendons! Love those, high in collagen content!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very economical. We do that too if we cannot finish a meat dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that sometimes. Never waste good food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife watched a Filipino video yesterday on how their poor folks recycled food from garbage bins to fry them in woks. She has been so disturbed ever since and told me that she would be thrifty & not be so choosy. I told her that's why I called myself DBKL and ate everything including half rotten fruits. Serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also eat expired food if they taste and smell ok. I am sure you throw the half that is rotten away and ate the half that is not rotten. I do that too.

      Delete
  5. (Haha oh you are pretty hopeless.) Good idea to recondition the beef stew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha what do you mean by pretty hopeless!? :D

      Delete