Friday, October 20, 2017

Aunty Christina Sarawak Laksa

I have eaten Aunty Christina Sarawak Laksa when she operated from a stall in a coffee shop in Lucky Garden, Bangsar so when I read that she has a shop now in Seapark, PJ, I went there to have lunch one day. A standard portion of Sarawak Laksa costs MYR9 nett. The broth given is as shown in the photo, I have not started eating the laksa yet when this photo was taken. My friend who has just eaten Sarawak Laksa at Poh Lam Laksa stall at Chong Choon Cafe in Kuching says that it tastes similar except that the one here is more salty.

I ordered a glass of barley pumpkin drink at MYR2.50 nett. I drank half before taking this photo.

A closer look.

16 comments:

  1. The colour of the broth looks very dark, I wonder how it tastes like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can taste a lot of spices in the broth though I don't know what the spices are.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Libby, the broth is so dark, too dark and looks kind of thick. Everyone praised her to the skies, hope she is not losing her touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I ate this a few years ago, the broth's colour is also like this. can see from my previous post linked here.

      Delete
  3. Was it good or as good as the one you had in Bangsar? I have yet to try this, perhaps one day if I happen to pass by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was as good as the one I ate when the stall was in Bangsar.

      Delete
  4. I thought it was prawn noodles.. now yearning for some hot soup..been taking lots of clear soup lately..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. The broth looked dark. My first thought when looking at the photo was it looked like our Kuching belacan mihun. Because of the dark broth. Not the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Sarawak laksa I ate here before all have dark broth.

      Delete
  6. How do you find the laksa? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that while it was good, they were too stingy with the broth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the broth is a bit much on the salty side so better don't drink too much of it.

      Delete