Thursday, October 19, 2017

Poke Bowl

After eating the Poke Bowl at Eatomo, I have always wanted to try another one.

A wide bowl but not deep. 

If one can't decide on what to select, one can order one of these best sellers. Please click the above photo for a larger image.

This is my selection: no rice, just vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and shrimps.

My selection costs MYR17.90 nett but I have 10% discount so I only paid MYR16.10 nett.

Please click on the photo above for a larger image. 

This is my selection: 
- No rice, baby greens that turned out to be just lettuce, 
- one sauce instead of two. I chose herby lime as all the sauces in the top row have mayo in them and I don't quite like mayo. 
- For the 4 sides, I selected fruits: pineapples and mangoes; nuts: almonds and walnuts which turned out to have been replaced by cashew nuts. 
- Avocado is not available else I would have considered adding it under the "premium add on" category by paying an additional MYR2,90 nett. 
- For the unlimited toppings, one would be tempted to tick all the circles but I guess the taste may clash so I just select fish roe and all the seeds: sunflower, pumpkin, flax and chia. 
- For protein, it is shrimps for me.

The choices

Protein choices

My friends' poke bowls.

This bowl has a premium add-on of a poached egg.

Another bowl with poached egg

The Fish Bowl at One Utama

After a healthy meal, there is room for not-so-healthy food so I went and bought some snacks (3 pieces at MYR5 nett) from SS2 Goreng Pisang kiosk at One Utama to feast on.

21 comments:

  1. I would order Bestseller set 1 and set 2 but I wonder what is Gar Gar sauce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, now I saw it, Gar Gar Sauce is Garlic Sauce, what a name for it, so cute

      Delete
    2. I don't eat Tuna and I don't like all vegetables, must have some protein, so I won't choose set 3 and set 4

      Delete
    3. you are right, gar gar is garlic sauce. you don't eat tuna but you eat salmon?

      Delete
    4. Yup, because I don't really like tuna but I love salmon

      Delete
  2. I'll go for the unhealthy snack. Hehehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! wise choice as it is comfort food!

      Delete
  3. You have really tempted me to go and try this Poke Bowl. I am sure my wife would get addict to this. Price is reasonable too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this, Mun! I have been wanting to try Poke Bowl for the longest time and immediately went there today (since I am on leave). I chose the Shoyu Salmon Bowl and loved it! I want to go back and try more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are most welcome! since you don't drive I often wonder how you get to 1u. oh you bought a bestseller. how does it compare to those salad bowl mix and match taste? I want to go back and try a selection with pesto rice and another with quinoa. will you try another bestseller or make your own selection?

      Delete
  5. Wow! I would like to try this poke bowl. Especially with salmon and poached egg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This should be quite fun!

    Would be nice if they let you sample the sauce first though. If you hate the sauce that would spoil the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the sauce is not that heavy tasting unless you dislike mayo like I do. if you eat raw fish the salmon shoyu and spicy tuna should be ok.

      Delete
  7. My son was just telling me what Poke Bowl is. I've yet to try tho..... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try and then you can make your own at home!

      Delete
  8. The poke bowl looks interesting. I won't be able to resist the goreng pisang!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't know they opened an outlet in 1 Utama.
    I always order own made bowl with Tuna... with the baby racha sauce. Yum yum

    ReplyDelete