Saturday, October 21, 2017

Candlelight

This time, we celebrated a friend's birthday at The Tokyo Restaurant, Isetan, Lot 10 during dinner time and had to wait for a few minutes to get seats as it was full house. A glass of Sangria (red) costs MYR 25+ but for 4 pax, a jug of Sangria (red) is only MYR 90+ so we chose to have 1 jug.

Cheese cake for the birthday lady and Mango Yogurt Sorbet at MYR16+ (6% GST so it is MYR16.95 nett) for me.

Lots of fresh mango cubes with sourish yogurt. Very refreshing.

Potato Salad with crisps and an almost raw egg - MYR14+ (MYR14.85 nett). It is tasty so we placed another order for it.

I ordered the Sushi Roll Platter at MYR38+ (MYR40.30 nett) to share between the 4 of us.

TTR Cobb Salad at MYR24+ (MR25.45 nett) to share by 4pax. There is a small piece of blue cheese on the platter. Can you spot it?

Total Bill is MYR265 (MYR66.25 nett per pax) for a lovely celebration.

12 comments:

  1. Love that salad platter, looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has a little of everything - fried chicken, edamame, prawns and etc

      Delete
  2. I always heard of blue cheese, but never tried before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if u go to hotel buffets that have cheese platter you can try a little of the blue cheese. if you like to wat cheese, stinky tofu, stinky beans, durians, century eggs then more likely you can take the strong taste of blue cheese else you won't like it.

      Delete
    2. I like durians, century eggs and stinky beans, so I think I will like the blue cheese

      Delete
    3. If you are curious enough about the taste, you can buy some blue cheese from the supermarkets in Sg to try. Some say the blue cheese smells almost in the same category as stinky tofu. I notice you did not say you like stinky tofu.

      Delete
  3. I think I spotted the blue cheese! Is it at the bottom right? From your description, I don't think I would like blue cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you are right! you noticed that it looks moldy and kind of blue.

      Delete
  4. I suspect very little food was involved there.

    The potato salad is an interesting combo, but raw egg... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one slice of cheese cake and the potato salad should fill you up.

      Delete
  5. The Cobb Salad looks good an dyes, I spotted the blue cheese. Nope, I will not eat it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I don't think you can even smell the blue cheese! The smell alone will make you cry! LOL! :D

      Delete