Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Buy1 Free1

Quarter Chicken with 3 fixed sides: Mashed Potatoes with a choice of BBQ, Pepper or Original (Mushroom) gravy; baked beans and coleslaw. As this is a buy 1 free 1 deal, my friend got the exact same meal except that she got the lower quarter which consists of a thigh and a drumstick.

We were told that as half a chicken is used for this deal, one person will be served the lower quarter (thigh and drumstick), the other person will be served the upper quarter (wing and breast) so I chose to have the upper quarter as I prefer the firm breast meat. Of course I had to keep half the chicken meat for dinner as the upper quarter portion was big.

We were served two muffins so we had one each.

2 bowls of chicken mushroom soup with croutons. There are many small pieces of chicken meat in the soup.

This was the sign board that attracted us to have lunch here: Red Hot Meal with Kenny’s Mushroom & Chicken Soup for Buy 1 Free 1 promotion (dine-in only) from 23 to 27 October 2017 between 11 am to 3 pm. No drinks were included in this deal so we did not order any drinks.

Kenny Rogers Roasters outlet at Viva Home Mall

MYR25.40 nett for two pax so it is MYR12.90 nett per pax. Quite a good deal.

10 comments:

  1. Such a good deal, I can eat with you as I prefer the lower quarter hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be my guest. You can have all the thigh and drumsticks! :D

      Delete
  2. I love KRR, no outlet here. :( Buy 1 free 1 is a real good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is because they can't compete with the local franchise.

      Delete
  3. Had lunch there sometime this month. Ordered 1 set of this too and we tried the OMG unfried fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how the unfried fried chicken taste like.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been to Kenny Rogers for a long time. I remember that their muffins taste pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe your home baked muffins are so much better!

      Delete
  5. Good deal! Funny rule on the top vs bottom half of the chicken haha. I believe the bottom half is way more popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so too, that's why they have this rule but I prefer the breast meat.

      Delete