Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Front Room Cakes

I heard about this new cake place so I went and takeaway a few slices of cakes. Pandan Gula Melaka Cake - MYR13 nett a slice. The sponge cake is so soft and fluffy, full of pandan taste and the gula melaka taste is in the brown cream frosting.

A slice of Hazelnut chocolate cake - MYR15 nett. The sponge cake is soft and light, chocolaty and slightly salty. Quite tasty.

A slice of chocolate cake - MYR15 nett. I like this chocolate cake the best because it is very rich chocolaty and not too sweet. Strawberry cheese cake -  MYR16 nett - a bit too cloying for me. Will buy the chocolate cake again.

Jalapeno Cheese Loaf - MYR15 nett. A very tasty bread. Savoury with a very slight spicy taste due to the jalapeno.

Front Room is on floor 1 of a row of shop buildings in Taman Desa (across the main road/opposite the Taman Desa Medical Centre). The is no big signboard so you won't be able to spot it from the main road.

20 comments:

  1. I like the pandan gula melaka cake, the hazelnut chocolate cake and the chocolate cake, you made me have craving for cakes again, must have cakes again one of these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. More expensive than Secret Recipe but although the slices there are bigger, there is a whole lot of cream, not that much cake. Would love to try that loaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nowadays I don't think SR cakes are bigger but you are right about SR cakes having loads of cream. Now with all these nice cake places around there is no need to eat at SR anymore.

      Delete
  3. I would have enjoyed all those cakes hee..hee.. The pandan would be my top pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. since you are also a good cake baker, would be nice to see if you think their cakes are tasty or not.

      Delete
  4. I am eyeing the chocolate and cheese cakes! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend the chocolate cake over the cheese cake.

      Delete
  5. The pandan gula melaka sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desserts are always a bit pricey but I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot of cakes. I like pandan gula melaka cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a lover of sweets! I became hungry with the cakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You are so clever to ronda until that area in front of the medical centre. It looks quite deserted and surprised me there is a cake shop. I will ask my client to meet me there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you are very familiar with that area since you know that it looks deserted. I took a while to find it since no signboard and nameboard for this cake shop. a quiet and good ambiance to sit and chat there.

      Delete
    2. Once upon a time, lived in Taman Desa for 10 years. It's like the back of my hand.

      Delete
    3. you are like a local there! do go check it out! you will be surprise by what a lovely little place it is.can go pak tor with your wife too.

      Delete