Monday, May 26, 2014

Grand Harbour

After our initial visit in January, we finally ate at Grand Harbour restaurant again.

Beef Brisket Noodle - MYR13.80 - some of the pieces of beef were quite tough.

 Deep Fried Yam Dumpling (Wu Kok) - MYR6.30 - very crispy but oily as expected.

Close up shot - I can't really tell what ingredients are in the fillings just by looking at it but from the taste of it, I know there are yam, chinese mushrooms, and minced meat in the fillings.

I must order this at every place that serves glutinous rice - MYR6.30 - I like this as the glutinous rice is soft but not too soft and it has the right balance of saltiness and sweetness. There is a piece of chicken meat, a slice of chinese mushroom and a piece of pork meat on top.

We ordered steamed beef ball again - MYR7.30 - tender but as I mentioned before, the beef taste is not strong enough for me.

Close up cross section shot - as can be seen, there are pieces of water chestnut and spring onions within the minced beef meat ball to provide some crunchiness to it.

Steamed fish meat balls - MYR 6.80 - soft but "bouncy"

Deep Fried Glutinous Chicken Dumpling - MYR6.30 - we waited quite some time for this and it was served piping hot so I think it came directly from the cooking oil to our table.

Close up cross section - as can be seen from the photo, there are very little fillings inside but the glutinous rice flour ball is chewy and taste quite good - sweet and savoury.

Steamed shrimp and green peas dumpling - MYR6.80 - passable. We also ordered a pot of tea for two @ MYR3 per pax. Total bill came up to MYR69.15 inclusive of 10% service charge and 6% gov. tax.

16 comments:

  1. I like the glutinous rice but without the onion leaves on top!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also will not fail, must order lo mai kai if available on menu.

      Delete
  2. Yummzzz, I see wantan mee and woo kok.. If hubby sees the beef wantan mee, he will go crazy, he's crazy of beef and all things beefy.. I can eat 5 woo kok at one go! I never miss to order woo kok if I have dimsum..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has your hubby eaten the beef noodle in din tai fung before?

      Delete
  3. We have stopped going to dim sum restaurant for some time. Now looking at those delicious dim sum make me want to go again especially the wu kok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wu kok is nice if more yam than fat inside.

      Delete
  4. Long time I didnt go for dim sum. Not much choices here anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If few choices but tasty should be fine.

      Delete
  5. Yam dumpling I like, kinda miss it now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your food post is getting more and more pro :) Nice work there.

    The dim sum looks not bad la. I like to try the beef balls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. Just recording the food I eat only. No ambition to go pro. :)

      Delete