Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Dim Sum Place

One day while we were window shopping in Midvalley Megamall, we saw this signboard announcing that a new Chinese restaurant is now open for business so we decided to check it out.


The Grand Harbour Restaurant is located in the same row as Maybank and Delicious, facing the Gardens.


As there were only two of us, we could not order much. We just ordered a pot of Pu Er tea for two (MYR3 per pax), a bowl of pork meatball cordyceps flower porridge, a basket of steamed beef meatballs and beef brisket rice noodles (chee cheong fun) in claypot.


The beef meat balls (MYR 7.3 for three meat balls) were very tender and as I like to eat beef, I feel that these meat balls do not have a taste of beef strong enough for my liking.



I ordered this pot of beef brisket chee cheong fun (MYR11.8) because I seldom see this dish served anywhere else. It has a slight taste of fermented bean paste - tauchu (豆醬) and is a bit spicy. Usually dishes like this are quite salty so I was surprised when I find this dish not salty at all, the level of saltiness is just right for me. The rice noodles (chee cheong fun) is smooth but I find the beef brisket to be a bit tough.


I guess this porridge (MYR9.8) looks yellowish due to the cordyceps flower. There were four pork meatballs and unlike the usual Cantonese style porridge that is so smooth until you cannot feel the grains of rice in it, you can feel very tiny grains of rice in this porridge. This bowl is enough to be shared by two persons.

We were very full after we have finished all the food so we did not ask for the pot of tea to be refilled and thus our tea was very thick and dark in colour. Our bill came up to MYR40.50 after including 6% government tax and 10% service charge and payment by credit cards is welcomed.

This place opens at 8 am so it is perfect for anyone who likes to eat dim sum early in the morning. We will be back to try out more dishes.

Grand Harbour Restaurant
GE-017, Ground External Floor,
Mid Valley Megamall, Mid Valley City
Lingkaran Syed Putra,
59200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2283 3398
Fax: 03-2283 4888

8 comments:

  1. mid valley? good, I will try it out one day when I go KL again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Dim Sum place that opens in Plaza Singapura, which draws crowds when it's open, now they open at other places too, but i have yet to try as the Q is so long, and heard Q for about 2 hrs or so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q for 2 hours is really long. Can they just take a Q number and go shopping and then come back?

      Delete
  3. My friend went with her colleagues before, she told me, one of them Q, the other one go walk walk, the other one came back Q, my friend go walk walk...

    ReplyDelete