Monday, May 19, 2014

Bandrek

When we were eating at Belanga restaurant, we ordered a hot drink called Bandrek (MYR7.90). It does not contain any sugar so we were given sachets of sugar to add to the drink to get the sweetness that we like. We only used 1 sachet.

We did not know what drink it is. The description on the menu says: drink with cinnamon, ginger and peppermint. It sounds good to us so we ordered it and later we found out this drink is to warm up our bodies. If you like cinnamon taste, you will like this drink and fortunately we like the taste of cinnamon.

A glass of Bandrek

After finishing the drink, we can see the peppermint leaves, strips of ginger and a stick of cinnamon (kayu manis).

12 comments:

  1. It looks so delicious!

    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh? Don't know what's this, hehe!!! (I'm very outdated...o.O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same with 小影,I never hear of Bandrek too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bandrek? When I saw your title, I was wondering what was it, teehee.. Looks delicious and warm to the body, but if me, I prefer to order something else.. I don't really fancy ginger & peppermint leh..

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting . i would love to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do try it and tell how you like it.

      Delete
  6. Maybe you should buy some shares in Belanga? :p I want to go there now after your posts.

    ReplyDelete