Friday, August 2, 2024

Hand Pulled Danish Bread

On Friday 2.aug.2024, early morning he went to service the πŸ›ž 285 for 30 minutes only and then picked me up for brunch at his chosen place, thong Kee Sri Petaling. Then in the evening, went to collect item and he drank soup at Tim won.

*** Thu 1.aug.2024 ***

Yesterday he saw Verona bakery PBJ had the millefeuille toast MYR 14.90 and hand pulled danish MYR 13.90 so he quickly took the tray for me and ask me to go buy them. This time the queue to pay took 12 minutes and I bought a pandan chiffon cake MYR 11.90 for him. Total 40.7 nett

4.46 pm - hand pulled danish bread MYR 13.90 nett. Buttery and lightly sweet. Good as snack.

2.58 pm - bought these 3 items from Verona bakery PBJ.

1.21 pm - ah, there is fresh stock - about 12 loaves of millefeuille toast MYR 14.90 nett each so he quickly took a tray for me and asked me to buy even though he is not going to eat it becomes he doesn't eat butter in baked goods.

1.26 pm - still need to queue to pay. This time it took 12 minutes. Hand pulled danish and millefeuille toast on my tray.

1.29 pm - payment counter.

1.34 pm - after I have paid and went to look at the toast shelf, the millefeuille toast loaves are sold out in 12 minutes. Need to wait for the next batch.

4.29 pm - can see the many layers. The height of this loaf I bought is about 10 cm / 2.5 inches.

4.32 pm - the layers are not so clearly defined after I cut it cross section.

4.33 pm - very carefully I managed to peel one thin layer upwards. Butterfly and lightly sweet. Texture is lighter compared to hand pulled danish below which taste the same but with denser texture.

4.46 pm - denser texture for hand pulled danish.

After eating it, I look for how the many layers are done and found this very clear explanation with step by step photos:


*** Fri 2.aug.2024 ***

He chose to go to Thong Kee Sri Petaling.

10.22 am - he chose all the items: rojak, curry puff, iced cham, soft boiled eggs and I only eat the remaining food.

10.28 am - Kai see hor fun with chicken pieces MYR 13 nett.

4.17 pm - after collected the item, he drank chicken herbal soup MYR 11 nett at Tim won. I drank a cup of iced cham MYR 4 nett.

Then when back, I ate all the remaining millefeuille toast and one section of the hand pulled danish.

Morning 45.25
Next morning 45.6
The power πŸ’ͺof bread🍞 πŸ₯ͺ 

*** Clear Freezer Food ***

1.16 pm - poured hot water into the frozen seaweed and noodles from monday 4 days ago and ate them all. 

1.42 pm - I ate all the remaining rice from Tue 16jul2024 about 16 days ago in it's frozen crunchy state.

2 pm - ate one piece of this deep fried pumpkin paste cake from Monday 4 days ago. Just put the whole frozen piece into the mouth and it will melt by itself in the mouth. 3 pieces back into the freezer.

*** Mystery ***

2.25 pm - I just saw this burnt pot in the kitchen and asked him and he said the pot has been in this state for a long time already but I am quite sure it wasn't. What a mystery πŸ€”

*** The End ***

6 comments:

  1. that pot can sell for scrap metal collector....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on the burnt pot! It can be scrubbed clean or can repurpose as flower pot (have to drill holes at the bottom). The bakery sounds very popular. I would enjoy the hand pulled bread but since I am addicted to bread, I better not eat any LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions. Ya, better not to eat bread cos my numbers went up so quickly after I ate bread. Lol! πŸ€£πŸ˜†

      Delete
  3. If the burnt pot is stainless steel, can buy the magic sponge from Shopee to clean it. Non-stick pot then gone case lah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is still using that burnt pot as the base pot for holding water for steaming his sweet potatoes.

      Delete