Friday, January 26, 2024

Thai Chala Sri Petaling

On Friday 26.jan.2024, met up with kid4 team and kid1 for lunch at Traveling Duck Midvalley Mall which kid1 paid. Before that we shared a breakfast set of a drink, toasts and eggs at ACL. After that, ordered delivery from Thong Kee as tea time, shared with kid4 team at the elderly's place after kid3 walked to the nearby stall to buy fish paste spring onions ginger rice MYR 9.50 nett as requested by the elderly which the elderly only ate half a portion and discard the remaining rice and fish paste.

*** Thursday 25.jan.2024 ***

Kid4 suggested Chai Thai Sri Petaling for lunch but it was not opened on Thursday 25.jan.2024 which is a public holiday so kid4 chose another eatery which is Thai Chala Sri Petaling instead.

12.30 noon - these two dishes need 15 minutes to prepare so we ordered them before kid4 team arrived at the eatery:
1. Deep fried boneless chicken with crispy skin and tender meat. The coating is a bit on the salty side and there are fatty bits.
2. Pork neck slices which are quite tasty.

12.35 noon - crispy omelette with minced meat. Can be considered crispy but oily.

12.35 noon - mango salad which I ate the remaining because they say the mango strips are too thick. I like the big thin crispy dried shrimps in this mango salad with raw onions and also the sourish taste but I think it should be less sweet but I guess many customer won't like it to be sour but not sweet so sweet and sour it is then.

Kid4 team ordered fried rice but walked away from almost half a portion because I think they don't want to eat so much rice.

12.38 noon - I ordered this asparagus dish which is about MYR 28++ I think if I remembered correctly. This dish was cleared by kid4 team. The asparagus are tender so I like them but kid3 prefers them without the oyster sauce gravy.

12.39 noon - kid4 team ordered this plate of ferns aka paku. I had to eat the remaining because kid4 says it leaves a waxy feel in the mouth.

12.42 noon - 3 skewers of pork cake which I didn't eat. The 3 of them ate one skewer each so I guess the taste is fine.

12.38 noon - this is my order because instant noodles dish is one of my favourite dish. Tomyam stir fried instant noodles with pork and prawns. A bit too flavourful for me but luckily is sourish after squeezing the lime over the noodles so I ate it all after letting them sampled the taste of the noodles.

12.47 noon - after he has eaten his fill of my instant noodles, this is the remaining portion for me with 3 prawns after he ate 1 prawn.

12.05 noon - his iced coffee which taste nice. We shared a bowl of red ruby dessert which is very nice so will eat this dessert again. I also ordered coconut shake float for myself so I was super duper full after this lunch. The coconut ice cream is tasty and the coconut shake has bits and pieces of coconut meat in it so I will order it again but not in the same meal as the red ruby dessert.

12.03 noon - interior of Thai Chala.

12.03 noon - the cashier counter at Thai Chala. Kid4 paid about MYR 240 ish for this lunch for 4 pax with excess food that I cleared so I almost had to throw up because I was too full but luckily I managed to control myself and didn't throw up though I was very uncomfortable for the next 1 hour after this meal. Serves me right for ordering two desserts 😅

*** Friday 26.jan.2024 ***

10.42 am - our shared default breakfast at ACL aka Ah Cheng Laksa Midvalley Mall MYR 12.60 nett. Toast Set A with 2 eggs MYR 11.90+; kaya butter toasts, 2 half boiled eggs, 1 cham aka coffee mix tea hot drink.

2.53 pm - ordered food panda delivery from Thong Kee Sri Petaling just before they close for the day:
Iced coffee large less sweet MYR 6.9 kid4
Iced cham large less sweet MYR 6.9 us2
Fried prawn Mee MYR 10.90 for kid4 team to try
3 curry puffs MYR 9.9 which kid4 team tried half

Total bill including delivery fees is MYR 30.59 nett.

*** End ***

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, you don't usually eat until bursting point LOL! I know the feeling. I ate like that once during an outing and it was terrible. But after walking around the shopping complex, I felt better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to waste the mango salad and paku so I ate them all since no one wanted to eat them anymore. I was so full until my diaphragm cannot go down due to my stomach too full so I couldn't breathe in. It was so terrible. Never again I hope.

      Delete
  2. I like tom yum stir fried noodle. Appetizing and tasty. That was a lot of food to handle. I don't think i can only handle more than one dessert after all those food. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate the red ruby dessert as appetizer at the start of this meal and drank the coconut shake float at the end of this meal.

      Delete
  3. Tht's alot of dishes! It definitely feel terrible to be super full & bloated😐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worst of all is I cannot breathe in normally, can only just take very light shallow breaths.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Better still, don't order so much next time.

      Delete