Monday, January 1, 2024

Goose Chen Chen Pudu

On Monday 1.jan.2024, went again to CeX to hand in more items.

*** Chen Chen Goose ***

1 pm - one quarter goose bottom part cut into 12 pieces MYR 80 nett from a road side shed eatery that is popular for its roasted goose. On our way home, traffic congestion diverted us to pass this eatery so he stopped the car and asked me to go buy takeaway goose. We ate all the goose on the same day without rice for lunch and dinner. The meat is firm and juicy and the taste is similar to livers.

Chen Chen Goose, Jalan Seladang, Off Lorong Yap Hin, Pudu. Near it are a few eateries that also sell roast goose such as Wei Kee Roast Goose and Siew Ngap Fei/Fai eatery.

*** Nyonya Colour MyTown ***

10.37 am - wanted to eat brunch at Nam Heong or Go Noodles but both eateries are not opened for business yet so ate brunch at Nyonya Colours. His nasi lemak beef rendang MYR 19.40++ and a glass of hot nescafe Tarik kaw kaw MYR 4.80++ which he shared with me.

10.40 am - my ABC shaved ice dessert MYR 7.5++ which I like as it has many types of toppings and is not too sweet. I just couldn't resist the kuih so I bought 4 types.

10.46 am - I like the taste of all 4 kuih:
1. Labu santan aka pumpkin kuih MYR 2++
2. Steamed tapioca with banana MYR 1.6++
3. Talam Cendol MYR 1.6++
4. Nagasari Nangka MYR 1.8++
Total MYR 7.75 nett.

Two receipts because I didn't want to buy kuih so paid my order but later couldn't  resist and bought the kuih.

*** MyTown Xmas Decor ***

12.14 noon - MyTown Xmas Decor is still not changed to CNY decor.

*** Clear Fridge Food ***

7.49 am - I ate the beef satay and ketupat he bought on Saturday evening directly from the fridge. Also ate all the remaining deep fried rind from Thursday. 

The beef satay is marinated well so it is flavourful. There are 5 sticks of beef satay at MYR 1.40 nett per stick. Ketupat is MYR 1 nett for one. Too bad this satay stall only opens for dinner else I would eat satay for lunch frequently.

*** Pepper Garlic Pistachios ***

9.14 am - I bought this pack of pistachio without reading the words on the pack so I didn't know that it is flavoured with pepper and garlic. As I prefer eating the natural taste of pistachio, I must remember not to buy this pepper garlic pistachios again.

*** Status ***

The reading is 6.8 mmol/l before breakfast for the elderly so means the meds are working. Still need to get the reading down to below 5.6 mmol/l.

6 comments:

  1. i seldom eat goose, not easy to find around the area here. It is usually roast duck. I also prefer pistachio without any seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, people seldom sell goose because it is expensive. Pudu area got some eateries selling roast goose in the same vicinity. Ya, pistachios taste better with its natural original taste.

      Delete
  2. I have never eaten goose before. Hope I can try it someday. I wonder how it taste like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you would like the taste of this roast goose from this eatery. Perhaps one day you ajak your brother to eat this goose.

      Delete
  3. I've been to this area for roast goose before MCI. I don't know how to appreciate it though, to me it tastes like duck.

    ReplyDelete