Wednesday, June 21, 2023

New Soles New Souls

On Wednesday 21.jun.2023, parked at pinnacle condo covered basement car park with 1 hour free parking and then he walked across the road to eat brunch at Thong Kee Sri Petaling while I walked to the shop houses near Sunny Food Republic eatery for the roadside cobbler to stick shoes soles to my shoes. MYR 20 nett for new soles for one pair of shoes.

After that, he walked to Fatty Mixed Rice Sri Petaling to buy his chapfan no rice dinner takeaway and then we met up at Nam Heong Pinnacle where I ate omad.

*** Nam Heong Pinnacle ***

11.24 am - nam heong egg tarts MYR 3.50++ each is a must order. The red bean dessert soup aka tong sui MYR 3++ is an add-on item to main rice dish dish. Too few red beans so I am not ordering it again and since it is mostly sweet water, we didn't finish it.

11.26 am - wanton dumplings in soup MYR 8.90++ with 10 pieces of wanton dumplings. I like the slippery wanton skins so I will order this dish again.

11.31 am - deep fried prawn rolls 3 pieces MYR 7.50++ and prawn dumplings 3 pieces MYR 7.50++ which are very crispy so ok to order them again. I took them home because I was too full by then to eat them.

11.32 am - luncheon meat egg bun MYR 10.90++ which has a slice of luncheon meat and a sunny side up fried egg as fillings.

11.32 am - I shouldn't have ordered this flaming fish fillets with red chili rice MYR 17.90++ because the dory fish slices are way too salty and I left most of the rice uneaten.

11.39 am - a glass of cham ping less sweet MYR 5.90++ to wash all the food down into my tummy. There was too much mayo for the bun. I was too full so I didn't eat the top half of the bun.

12.07 noon - Total price is MYR 75.45 nett. I ordered too much food.

After that we went to the supermarket and bought 4 avocados at a promo price of MYR 5 nett each. At the nearby guardian shop I bought a tin of Anlene total 10 MYR 54.90 nett 800g for one elderly. Parking in pinnacle condo is quite convenient.

*** Fatty Mixed Rice Sri Petaling ***

5.03 pm - his dinner chapfan no rice with one whole steamed chicken leg MYR 13 nett.

*** Thong Kee Sri Petaling ***

10.58 am - this coffee shop has a system where customers queue up to order and pay for drinks and the cashier will assign a table number to the customers so no freedom of choosing own tables. He ate pork mihun soup.

5 comments:

  1. that's alot of food that u ordered at Nam Heong, since your other half has eaten his brunch, this would be his second brunch, and still that's alot for both of you. I think i would tapao the rice & fish back home for dinner, to mix with soup, so that it would not be salty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate all the fish already so didn't bring home the rice.

      Delete
  2. Your story about new soles for your shoes reminded me of an incident many years ago when the soles of my sneakers (both sides!) gave way when I was walking back to the office on a weekend. Luckily there was a cobbler nearby and he sewed back the soles. I had to wait while sitting there with my socks. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you were wearing socks that day else you would be sitting there waiting in your bare feet. Lolx! 😆

      Delete
  3. So everything was mediocre at Nam Heong save the egg tarts.

    ReplyDelete