Sunday, May 21, 2017

Awesome Canteen

I did not know what to order after looking through the menu many times. Awesome Canteen is known for its Paleo menu. Eating the Paleo way means no processed food at all. If you are interested, you can perform an online search on the Paleo Diet which is very popular now.

Since I don't know what to order, I went to the one dish that I am most familiar with - Saba Shioyaki (lightly salted) Don (rice bowl) at MYR18.90+ 6% GST (MYR20 nett) which includes a bowl of miso soup. A poached egg is included and I requested it to be fully cooked but the yolk was still a bit runny though the whites are fully cooked. On hindsight, I should have requested for a hard boiled egg instead of just saying fully cooked egg please because it would be quite difficult to fully cook a poached egg.

I place the runny yolk into the hot miso soup to try to cook it a bit. At least it was not so runny when I ate it.


Awesome Canteen at Paramount Garden, PJ (near Loong Foong Duck).

I bought a slice of dark chocolate cake as takeaway MYR14.90+ (MYR15.80 nett). Only slightly sweet with a rich chocolate taste so it was tasty.

A box for the slice of cake.

Receipt for the cake only.

12 comments:

  1. Canteen to me is like a tuck shop, this looks more like a cafe or restaurant

    By the way, I just had steamed fish just now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more to a cafe. I like to eat steamed fish.

      Delete
  2. Same reaction as Libby, did not expect such a nice looking place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This month I have been paying close attention to my exercise, health and diet now since I saw my BPM went up. I guess I must welcome non processed food like this Paleo.

    I just passed Paramount Gardens yesterday and the traffic was still crawling on a Sunday. They always have lots of joints to eat and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you achieve your target BPM through exercise and diet. More nice eateries are opening now there.

      Delete
  4. I stayed in Paramount Garden when I first started working in KL...almost 40 years ago. I wouldn't be able to recognize the place now. Canteen is a very misleading name for a cafe. The chocolate cake looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you stayed there for how long? the layout of the place is still the same, just that many shops have been renovated nicely.

      Delete
  5. Heh yes, there might be some misunderstanding how you actually would like the egg!

    Interesting facade and that chocolate cake does look "awesome".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, you meant the opposite right? Since all that can be seen is the black black texture of the chocolate cake.

      Delete