Thursday, May 4, 2017

Dragon-i

 My co-worker told us that Dragon-i has started a set lunch menu at MYR18+ 10% service charge (MYR19.80 nett) so we went to try it out.

For drinks, there is a choice of filtered water, chinese tea or coca cola soft drink (foc). A free appetizer which changes daily is also included in the set lunch.

There are 5 set lunches to choose from. All at the same price - MYR19.80 nett each.

Set A - Szechuan La Mian with Assorted Seafood in Hot and Sour soup with a Pan fried Pork Bun. The half onsen egg is the free appetizer-of-the-day. My friend says that the egg is really tasty as the yolk melted in her mouth and the fillings of the pan fried pork bun is as delicious as the fillings in Siao Long Baos but the soup is a bit too hot (spicy) for her.

Set D - Sweet sour chicken with a bowl of rice (not shown in this photo) with the appetizer egg and sauteed vegetable (cabbage) with black fungus and bean curd skin. The portion is just right for a person with an average appetite.

Set E - Braised Pork and Potatoes in Shanghainese style with rice, vegetables (cabbage) and egg.

The braised pork is very flavourful but leaning towards the sweet side. The pork belly has melt-in-the-mouth fats layered between the meat.

As I do not eat runny egg and fatty pork, I took most of them home in my trusted container for others to eat and just ate half of the rice, vegetable and potatoes. The majority of the diners here were having the set meals from this set lunch menu so I think it can be considered value-for-money though I find it a bit weird that soft drink Coca Cola is included as a choice of drink - do you drink Coca Cola with meals like this? One of my friend did. :)

18 comments:

  1. I would definitely choose Set D, because I like Ku Lu Meat, Black Fungus and Beancurd Skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second choice would be Set E, is this Lunch Promo across all Dragon-i outlets? Cos there is Dragon-i at City Square JB

      Delete
    2. should be available at all dragon-i outlets but not at dragon-i peking duck outlets.

      Delete
    3. set d is chicken meat not pork wor.

      Delete
  2. No herbal chicken soup in the sets, eh? My cousin took her mum and stayed at the hotel at Mid Valley and she was so annoyed that she had to take her for the soup at the outlet there...EVERY DAY! She said the whole trip, she could not go and enjoy something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that soup is too expensivs to be included inthe sets gua. your cousin can watch her mom eat and then go eat some other food.

      Delete
  3. The noodle sets look good to me.

    Arghh how can anyone have such a small appetite... what's in your container is more than half of the food in the set?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you prefer noodles than rice? hahaha i may eat small meals but i eat more times than you all. i eat every 2 or 3 hours.

      Delete
    2. Aha so that's the secret. :)

      I like rice too but here the noodle sets look better.

      Delete
  4. all the set meals looks very palatable...Is this only applicable for weekday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes monday to friday 11am to 5pm only.

      Delete
    2. I just went with my colleagues to try out the set lunch...I ordered Set A...It was such a big bowl with lotsa noodles! however, instead of onsen egg, we were served hard boiled egg where the yolk is solid :-( I couldn't eat the fried pork bun anymore coz too full, so I tapau back to office.

      Delete
    3. eh but the bowl in my photo not that big bowl so i guess they give you extra large, hehehe :D i think the onsen egg cooked too long became hard boiled d.

      Delete
  5. That's news to me, the set meals. It looks quite attractive and value for money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but the portion is not enough for big eaters i think.

      Delete
  6. I hope the set lunches is available in Ipoh too. I haven't been to Dragon-i. Hope to try out these lunches. Love the look of the melt in the mouth pork belly. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the set lunch is available during weekdays until 5pm for dragon-i outlets (not available at dragon-i peking duck outlets).

      Delete