Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Canton-i

As my craving for shrimps is still not fulfilled, I went to Canton-i just for the prawns there.

Sauteed prawns with salted egg yolk - MYR38+ 10% service charge (MYR41.80 nett). The portion is very dainty as shown in the photo.

Does the portion look larger from this angle? There are 10 prawns that taste fresh. I like how I can just pop these prawns into my mouth without needing to remove the shells. The salty egg yolk is very rich but I just wish it is not sweet. Overall a very tasty dish. 

Fish slices in preserved vegetables (ham choy in cantonese) - MYR35+ (MYR38.50 nett). The fish slices are fresh and the broth is very flavourful with a special fragrant taste which we suspect is from 花椒 (hua jiao in mandarin, sichuan peppercorn, Zanthoxylum simulans). The preserved vegetables are too salty so we did not eat them after the few intial bites. 

Deep fried fish skins - MYR8.50+ (MYR9.35nett) - very crispy. They were gone in a blink of an eye.

Duck breast with Wanton Noodle - MYR16+ (MYR17.60 nett)

Prawns Dumplings with Wanton Noodle - MYR16+ (MYR17.60 nett)

My favourite Mango Sago - MYR10+ (MYR11 nett). It is very tasty with mango puree, mango cubes, sago and pomelo sacs (without artificial flavourings). There are no ice shavings in this dessert.

These two dishes are the reason I eat here.

We ordered rice and drinks as well so the total bill for 4 pax is MYR162.25 nett.

24 comments:

  1. Very nice and satisfying meal, nice photos too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can try the salted egg yolk prawns in my next visit

      Delete
    2. yes do try and see whether you like it or not?

      Delete
  2. Saw this at Mid Valley, did not try. Should check it out next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you like chinese food like this you can try it.

      Delete
  3. OMG, my pick goes to the salted egg-yolk prawns of course! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the food there in canton-i than dragon-i...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I just finished reading Libby's Dragon-i and now it is Canton-i over here.
    I also think the food at Canton-i is better although both are still delicious to me. The Canton-i choices are more and slightly cheaper.

    I have started enjoying this Deep fried fish skins which is a trend now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree that Canton-i is slightly cheaper and more choices but I don't mind Dragon-i at times for a change

      Delete
    2. TM, have you cooked deep fried fish skins yourself?

      Delete
    3. No, no I have not fried any fish skins yet. I am now wondering where to peel off so much skins??

      Delete
    4. i think there are places that sell fish skins.

      Delete
  6. Quite a good idea to pick a dish that you like and eat just that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't eat much so have to just eat what i like only.

      Delete
  7. The noodles and dessert caught my eyes the most!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your favourite items too. I can never say no to salted egg yolk prawns and mango sago dessert. Deep fried fish skin is also another of my favourite. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wah....I was drooling looking at those foodie pics....all very 'ngam' my taste...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yayy one of my favourite places! But I am happy with the cheaper items of rm1x.xx hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh so this is one of your fav places. i agree the food is tasty.

      Delete