Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Kim Gary

Pasta Pork Chop set which includes a drink (HK style milk tea or coffee or ying yong - tea mixed with coffee) and soup (cream or borsch soup) - MYR14.90++ (.MYR17.40 nett). Looks good but I did not taste this.

Korean noodle set with Kimchi, Chicken Wing, Sausage, luncheon meat and egg - MYR14.90++ (MYR17.40 nett) which also includes a drink. My friend who ordered this gave me the kimchi which was very flavourful.

My order - cheese baked rice with beef set with a choice of red or white cream gravy (MYR18.90++  MYR22 nett) and I chose white. I kept half in my container for dinner and ate the rest for lunch. I had borsch soup and ying yong drink which were included in this set lunch.

Drinks and Soup in the sets (not all were in this photo).

Order chit

Bill is MYR91.55

When we walked out of the restaurant, we noticed that there was a long queue waiting to get in as always. I think there is always a long queue because the price for the sets is quite good and there are many lunch set choices but as the food is too flavouful for me, I seldom eat here unless my friends wanted to have their meals here.

20 comments:

  1. I like the Pork Chop Pasta and Korean Noodle Set, as for Cheese Baked Rice, I always find it too overwhelming for me

    Is this a HK style restaurant because the dishes and drinks seem like HK style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 guests but only order 5 sets?

      Delete
    2. Yes this is a hk style eatery. 5 pax only so 5 sets. The bill is not clear.

      Delete
  2. This place sure has been around for a long time, the Hong Kong franchise. I saw the one in Penang some years ago and it was really packed too. No, I did not bother to go and try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it has. The first outlet is in Sungai Wang. More than 20 years ago.

      Delete
  3. This place is forever full house be it at MV or Sunway. I agree that their prices are attractive and food choices are good & tasty! This Pasta Pork Chop set is calling me to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. price are attractive...I wonder how the queue would be during weekends and holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of Kim Gary but never been. The prices are very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am speechless to hear this. You need to explore outside Starling & Uptown.


      #shocked #PHbelumEatKimGary

      Delete
    2. Tm, your hash tags are so funny! PH cooks so well so she doesn't need to eat out like me.

      Delete
  6. Heard of Kim Gary but have not been there. Out of the 3 sets, I would order the 1st one. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You prefer the pasta or is it the pork chop on the pasta?

      Delete
  7. So your cheese baked rice is basically your lunch and dinner. Such a small eater you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember long queues at Kim Gary at Ave K. The outlet at Curve is quiet though or maybe the craze has died down. Yeah quite good value for money since soup and drinks are included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that they are at the curve too. Ecurve is it?

      Delete
    2. Well it's at the bridge in between Harvey Norman and the way to ecurve. I think it's considered Curve.

      Delete
    3. Ah with your explanation you have jotted my memory. I remember seeing Kim Gary restaurant in the curve now. It is next to yin ker lou restaurant.

      Delete