Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Steamed Lobster

We went to Pince & Pints to celebrate a birthday and we ordered 3 meals to be shared by 4 persons. On their food menu, there are only 5 choices. Every meal has the same price which is MYR158++ (6% GST and 6% service charge) that is MYR177.53 nett. The menu states that "Each dish uses 1 whole live wild-caught lobster of approx 600g". Pince & Pints is from SG and they have more choices in their SG menu.

The 5 choices here are:
1. Live whole lobster (includes chef salad, straight cut fries, herbed butter sauce)
a. Grilled
or
b. Steamed

2. The Lobster Roll (includes chef salad, straight cut fries, garlic aioli)
- all the online reviews I read recommend this lobster roll.

3. Chili Lobster (includes fried mantou, homemade fresh tomato & chilli sauce)

4. Lobster Noodles (includes wok fried lobster, egg noodle, ginger and scallion)
- this dish is only available in the KL outlet and not in the SG outlet. The online reviews that I read prefer eating Sang Har Yee Mee instead so I did not order this dish.

Steamed live whole lobster. The lobster meat is tender and juicy. If you are here for the lobsters, then ordering the live whole lobster dish either steamed or grilled is a must. I will be back to try the grilled option for the next birthday celebration.

With two claws of course.

Comparison with my hand

Total price for 4 pax.

28 comments:

  1. Wild lobster.....lobster noodle. Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between lobster and crab, which do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo....I'd just watch you it but then again, it's a birthday so it's all right, gotta pamper ourselves sometimes. Happy birthday to whoever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh where is option no#5? Unless grilled and steamed count as 2. :)

    Can't go very wrong with lobster I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right, I count grill and steam as two. They count as one option on the menu.

      Delete
  5. Lobster....bestnya. Price also best ha!ha!Given a choice, I'll go for grill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to try the grill one next time.

      Delete
  6. OMG! The claw size and total bill gave me a fright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL to TM's comment.. gave him a fright indeed! LOL... well, not surprising since lobsters are so expensive.. That reminded me of one fresh lobster we bought at the fishing village, it cost 13 pounds.. so it is also around RM80 plus but it was 1 kg heavy.. Dint really know how to cook it so we just boiled it and use the water to cook the noodles.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your price is so much better! Can eat lobsters daily until back here.

      Delete
  8. A meal fit for a king! I can't afford those lobsters. Maybe someday someone will belanja me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you can afford since you are daboss! Just that you prefer to invest in stock and property. ;)

      Delete
  9. Sorry lah, option 2 and 4 get out please. Pay so much for sure need to see the entire lobster there only can feel great... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Option 4 also can see whole lobster. Only option 2 can't see whole lobster.

      Delete
  10. wah so shiok eat lobster! how nice if someone can belanja me for b'day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B'day person give the treat lah for us! :D Just eat once a year ok lah, can afford la.

      Delete
    2. wah...tht person so nice...I dun mind to be her fren!

      Delete
  11. Steamed lobster? Anytime for me. But cannot have it often. Too hot for the pocket. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have only eaten lobsters less than ten times in my lifetime.

      Delete
  12. Oh wow! I've read about this place many times but have yet got the time to try. Maybe will make a visit here to celebrate my birthday this year end :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. A friend treated us to a lobster meal and it was delicious. Pensioners like me cannot afford to eat lobsters! Lol!

    ReplyDelete