Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Korean BBQ Buffet

A group of my co-workers gave the whole department a lunch treat.

The above is only part of the raw marinated meat spread. There are thick pork belly cuts, short beef ribs, thinly sliced beef and pork belly, chicken meat and sausages. There is also lots of raw meat that are not marinated so that you can dip the meat after it has been cooked into the sauces or dips that you prefer.

Our table of 4 petite ladies cooked the above meat and couldn't finish them. We had to pass the cooked meat to another table of gentlemen.

Other than the raw meat, there are plenty of dishes (cooked food) for us to take as much as we like if we can finish them. No wastage of food, please. The above dishes are stirfried kimchi noodle, topokki, curry potatoes, fried rice, kimchi fried rice. There are so many more dishes until I gave up trying to take photos of them.

My food (round 1) - yinchoy (amaranth greens), kimchi, pickled cucumber, and chives pancake.

My food (round 2) - kimchi pancake, egg, deep fried squid, brinjal, sweet potato, seaweed roll, potatoes, kimchi, cucumber, a piece of topokki, and a few slices of beef bulgogi and I was full.

My co-worker's food - some rice, potatoes salad, seaweed soup, beansprout, mung bean noodle. 

Even though I was full, I still had space for a vanilla cone which we had to serve ourselves from the soft serve ice cream machine.

At MYR39++ per person, I would say that this Korean BBQ Buffet is value for money for big eaters because there is so much variety of food here but you need to eat fast because you are limited to 2 hours only. Sadly it is wasted on me because I ate so little. This restaurant is located at Nexus, Bangsar South.

20 comments:

  1. Urgh. With kids, it is impossible to eat in just 2 hours. I love chives pancakes. I have to forgo all these places that has time limits as by the time we fussed over the kids, the 2 hours will easily be up :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go for hotel buffets is more than good enough.

      Delete
  2. price seems reasonable with quite a wide selection. very long dint had such delicious meaty meal. here is expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been to any Korean BBQ restaurants where you are now?

      Delete
  3. Wowwwwww!!!! So cheap! All those slabs of meat!!! We get postage stamp sizes here and a meal for 2 or 3 at a Korean place can go up to almost RM100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At Korean BBQ buffets? Here non buffet style Korean restaurants offer set meals from MYR25++ onwards.

      Delete
  4. Such a generous gesture from your colleagues. Are these senior managers?

    Two hours is just right for a buffet 😜unless one is prepare to wear trousers/skirt with elasticated waistband😆

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are lots for meat selections. I think is a good deal but to eat in 2 hrs, I don't think I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cheap! If me and my brother go there and eat, they will suffer heavy losses LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go! Go! Go! But the buffet price for dinner and during weekends are a little bit more expensive I believe.

      Delete
  7. Wow.. great indulgence! If I take buffet sure rugi one.. cos I will attack desserts more than the main meal... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, here the desserts are very limited.

      Delete
  8. Worth the price. Buffet is indeed for those with big appetite. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love Korean food anytime and the price is worthwhile. I will visit very soon!!!! Thank you again for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heyyy this is somewhere I want to go! Yeah buffets are wasted on you. :) Some more took so much vegetable in round 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes you should go eat Korean BBQ buffets. Very wasted on me. I ate so little.

      Delete