Friday, October 14, 2016

Never say never

We are back at Tea Garden, Sri Petaling. This time instead of beef rendang nasi lemak, we ordered the fried chicken nasi lemak (coconut milk rice) at MYR11.40 nett. The fried chicken tastes good but I prefer the beef rendang.

The previous time I ate this, I said I would not order it again because it is too spicy for me but when I look through the menu, I don't feel like eating anything else so I ordered it again (MYR7.90 nett) and it was not that spicy this time.

Instead of the red bean tong sui (sweet soup), we ordered the black glutinous rice tong sui at MYR5.80 nett which comes with Glutinous Rice Balls (5) filled with sesame. I still prefer the red bean tong sui because I like to eat red beans more than black glutinous rice. Total price: MYR25.10 nett for 2 pax.

20 comments:

  1. I like red bean PLUS black glutinous rice together AND glutinous rice balls included. Whoa. Sounds so greedy but seriously, that is what I'd do if I cook at home. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From where I am sitting, the chicken and the egg in the nasi lemak appear to be well cooked. At least it won't answer you back👀
    Was it a skinny nasi lemak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they use other ingredients to cook the rice instead of lots of santan but not sure whether it is healthier or not. Nowadays coconut oil is the best and so they say.

      Delete
  3. Opposite to you, I prefer black glutinous rice, because it is softer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red bean can be cooked until very soft too.

      Delete
  4. That looks like acar. Don't seem to see the nasi lemak sambal? I like both - red bean and pulut hitam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we asked them not to give us sambal. They do provide lots of sambal if you refer to my previous posts.

      Delete
  5. I like red bean dessert too. Not a big fan of glutinous rice.

    Nasi lemak. Anytime for me but I prefer my egg to be sunny side; runny. Not like that; over-cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like well done eggs. I can't eat runny eggs.

      Delete
  6. I prefer red bean more than black glutinous rice too. Not to say I don't like black glutinous rice lah, but don't want to have it so often, it sometimes makes my tummy not comfortable after eating...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything eat in moderation according to STP.

      Delete
  7. Actually Tea Garden is on my mind a moment ago, now waiting for someone to pick me up for lunch! hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Between beef rendang and fried chicken, I would also prefer the beef.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really like "Tea Garden" don't you? I like red bean + black glutinous rice best instead of individual red bean or glutinous rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like them mixed. The food here is not bad and I often find a parking space which is nearer to this place than all those other eateries in Sri Petaling.

      Delete
  10. Never say never indeed! Maybe you were already set to have your tongue set afire again so the experience wasn't so bad this second time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I think it is not as spicy as last time. My mind power is not so great!

      Delete