Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Truffle

Almost all the reviews say that the Lobster Roll at Pince & Pints is the best dish on their menu so we had to order it to taste for ourselves. When we were there, they just turned one and is offering a special dish - Truffle Lobster Roll at MYR178++ (MYR200 nett) which is MYR20++ more than the price of the usual Lobster Roll.

Since we like to eat truffles, we ordered this special meal. The black truffle slices taste exactly the same as described online - nutty, woody with a slight mushroom taste. We like the taste of the Truffle Dip a lot and keep dipping the fries in it. 

Compares the size of the roll with my hand.  My spouse couldn't eat this roll because the taste of the butter spread on the roll is too strong for him. I still prefer to eat steamed lobsters here than this lobster roll because the bread is kind of a bit too sweet for me.

20 comments:

  1. This is one serious gourmet roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can a lobster roll be better than eating lobster as it is. The bread ruins the texture and taste of the lobster already. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only better thing is no need to peel the shell off.

      Delete
  3. Truffle? That's the exclusively expensive mushroom, right? Saw on TV how they use pigs to go and smell them out and they dig out the mushrooms from under the ground. I sure would love to try...but RM200.00 with lobsters, I think I would just have to pass, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really simple and nice to me. But at that price tag, will not be rushing to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to try truffles one day. Never taste it before but I understand it is an acquired taste. Some may like it, some may not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like blue cheese or strong mushroom taste? If you do, you would like truffles.

      Delete
  6. I also dislike strong butter taste in sandwiches. That lobster roll is luxurious. I can't afford it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also can't afford this roll but luckily this was a treat from the birthday person.

      Delete
  7. I think I am very ang moh cos I love to eat very strong pungent cheese or butter stuffs. That's why I drool on durians and petai too.

    The meal you ate above looks delicious and I love that way the fries are being cut. It looks very homely styled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to eat blue cheese, durians, butter and petai too.

      Delete
  8. I like the thick fries & that very luxurious roll! yumzz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't mind the strong butter smell. A very expensive meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't mind strong butter smell but this one tastes sweet so I don't like it.

      Delete