Friday, October 7, 2016

Moh Teng Pheow Penang

Since we like our previous trip here so much, we went there again to try out the other food on the menu. This time I did not even know the price as this was a treat from my Penang friend. We share all the food among us.

Nasi Ulam Kerabu. Full of nice herb taste. Normally I like nasi ulam kerabu but there are too many hard pieces of lemongrass in the rice so I gave up eating this. It is also a bit too salty for me but my friends say that they are fine with the level of saltiness.

Assam Laksa - not the best in Penang but still acceptable.

Turmeric Glutinous rice and Curry Chicken with Potatoes.

]
Assorted kuih

More kuih?

Glutinous rice with Shredded Coconut Flesh cooked in brown sugar

Definitely more kuih

More shredded Coconut Flesh cooked in brown sugar.

ordered Rempah Udang - Sweet and Savoury again

Glutinous Rice

Rempah Udang - Glutinous Rice with Nonya Spicy Dried Shrimps (Hae Bee Hiam). It has a big shrimp in it.

20 comments:

  1. I don't like lemongrass too, I super love that curry chicken with potato but not the turmeric glutinous rice, however I don't mind dumpling rice and I prefer white rice

    I love Nyonya Kuih, nice as desserts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the taste of lemongrass. Just not the hard chopped up bits.

      Delete
  2. We will be going to Penang in November. Already asked my friends to standby to bring us around jalan-jalan cari makan. I want to eat lots and lots of Penang Laksa :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kuih, tick. Chicken curry but not the rice (looks greasy), tick.

    Penang is another foodie haunt follow by Ipoh and Sibu, in no particular order. I would not like to risk offending anyone😜☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nasi kerabu looks very different from the Kelantan ones that we do get here. I love kunyit pulut - have not had it since 1986, never came across it, anywhere! And I sure would love to try the nyonya kuehs - the test is in the eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have corrected it. It is nasi ulam like what PH says below.

      Delete
  5. Nyonya kueh. So much to taste there.

    I dont like too much lemongrasa in my rice too. Cannot bite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mun, this is mouth watering post with all the food that I like. Now I am missing the nasi kerabu I used to eat with my ex-colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that nasi kerabu is actually nasi ulam. Wah...I like all those kueh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I have corrected my text above.

      Delete
  8. This place looks good, Mun! Love all the kueh there.. must bookmark this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must go there the next time you go to penang since you go there quite often.

      Delete
  9. Yeah the lemongrass pieces are so big in that rice. Maybe not supposed to be eaten. The kuih look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I wanna scream cos I forgot to eat at this shop when I was in Penang. Remember, I mentioned this place belongs to my classmate's family since their ancestors landed from China. I need to tie red string on my finger as reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penang is near only. You can go again and again.

      Delete