Friday, August 12, 2016

Best to Share

Salted Egg Yolk Pastry (Ham Dan So, 鹹蛋酥, 咸蛋酥)

MYR1.90 nett for one. I bought this pastry from a stall in a local neighbourhood coffee shop.

The crust looks thick but it is not as can be seen below.

After it has been cut, I can clearly see that the crust is not thick at all. There is a huge amount of lotus paste fillings and one salted egg yolk in it. It tastes and looks better than the one I bought from Esquire Kitchen which is so much more expensive at MYR3.80 nett each. The one I bought from Penang has thicker crust.

Another look at its fillings. I ate half and gave the other half to my spouse.


20 comments:

  1. :O RM1.90 ONLY? Wow. This is a steal I guess, especially since it tastes as good as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very affordable cos sold in an old style coffee shop.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mun, you had won the Top Commenter Award in my blog, kindly email your mailing address to my email at lilian_fu2002@yahoo.com and I will send the secret souvenirs to you

    Once again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was busy so sorry. Happy to know that TM got it instead. :-)

      Delete
  3. Cheap and nice, who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like one whole mooncake filling. Gao...

    ReplyDelete
  5. For RM1.90, the filling is quite solid. Worth buying. I tried the one from TK but I don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I tried the one from TK too but I don't remember its taste.

      Delete
  6. Looked big to me. And the filling. So generous. I love a crispy and flaky crust, not too thick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cheap. I love salted egg yolk and I know I am going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salted egg yolk puff is always my all time favourite. I will forget about diet when i see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. where to buy this? i'm gonna hunt for it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is from swee heng coffee shop in sri petaling behind ajimal located in the same block as the new ipoh chicken rice.

      Delete