Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Herbal Spring Village Chicken

We went to Tea Garden, Sri Petaling again for our meal. This time, we ordered the Baked Herbal Spring Kampung (Village) Chicken (half a chicken) with Rice at MYR17.20 nett to share between the two of us.

Closed up photo of the baked chicken. We could taste the herb - Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis) in this chicken dish. The chicken was infused with the taste of herbs so it was tasty.

We also ordered a bowl of Red Bean Sweet Soup (Tong Sui) with Glutinous Rice Balls (5) filled with sesame to share at MYR5.80 nett. It was only slightly sweet which I like.

12 comments:

  1. Half a chicken for RM17.20 is cheap, looks good. I love red bean soup too but I prefer it ice cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baked kampung chicken? I thought kampung chicken is more firm and chewy in texture so people usually steam it. I imagine it won't work if baked instead. How was the texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baked chicken is tender. I guess it is a young kampung chicken.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy herbal chicken too but I don't get to eat it often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the herbal spring chicken and red bean soup I also like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you go Johor, can eat at the outlet there.

      Delete
  5. I like both dishes. I am not familiar with baked herbal chicken but it had been donkey years since I last had it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chicken enough to feed 2 ar? :)

    ReplyDelete