Monday, August 15, 2016

Dry Red Curry Noodle

We went to eat at Green Curry Restaurant again and ordered our usual Nasi Lemak (Coconut Milk Rice) with Pork Green Curry set which comes with a drink. From MYR9.90 nett in 2015, its price has increased to MYR10.90 nett for that set.

Then we ordered another dish from the ala carte menu for MYR8.50 nett - Red Pork Curry Noodle (Dry). The red curry has lemon grass in it which tastes very good. The thick noodle is very springy and I had to chew it for quite a bit before swallowing and is mixed with dark sweet soy sauce and sesame oil. The lightly blanched cabbage goes well with the curry to tone down the flavours of the curry and noodle soy sauce with sesame oil seasoning.

20 comments:

  1. From the way you describe, I think it tastes good (yums)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just up by RM1, that's ok. Pork is expensive these days, chicken is cheaper. Noodles look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, to me, the blanched cabbage's existence in the bowl is to buat kacau only. Here you have a bowl of delicious noodles and curry pork, and it is now ruined with bland and boring cabbage.

    That's something my mom regularly does to our meals at home, but I would be frustrated to see it in a restaurant of cafe. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see more of these veges in restaurants and cafes. Don't just serve us the meat. I side with your mom on this.

      Delete
  4. I prefer chicken to pork in my curry but if the pork is tender,then I would not mind.

    Your red curry pork noodle looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good. Unlike RG, I welcome the cabbage :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will like the red pork curry... lemongrass smell is nice.. but looks a bit spicy here..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page is always making me hungry though I already ate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the dry curry noodle to have some curry gravy rather than soy sauce, coz it seems weird to have combination of soy sauce noodle but curry at the side. Perhaps separate them in another bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a few places serve the dry curry noodle this way though I am like you. Prefer curry gravy.

      Delete
  9. This one looks right up my alley. Except the cabbage maybe, that doesn't look like a normal part of this dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha you are like RG here. U don't like the cabbage.

      Delete
  10. I think I have aged and appreciate more vegetables now! When I was a young kid, I hid or threw them away.

    ReplyDelete