Thursday, August 11, 2016

Sweet Sour Fish Set

On another visit to Nana's Green Tea eatery, we ordered Set C - Sweet and Sour Fish which is the other new set meal from the set meal menu at the usual MYR21.90 nett. For the drink that is included in the set meal, we had our usual choice which is a pot of hot Karigane tea (twig green tea) so there is no photo of it.

The deep fried fish pieces are succulent and nicely done but a tad too salty for my liking whereas the stirfried mushrooms and carrot strips are slightly on the sweet side. I think we will stick with the Saba Fish Miso Set instead.

16 comments:

  1. I would prefer my meals to have more sauce, this fish set looks a tad too dry but I don't mind salty as long it is not too salty, hope I have a chance to go Nana Eatery to try this and have a verdict of my own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you will write about it after you have tried Nana.

      Delete
  2. RM21.90 is rather steep for a rice platter...but this is not one of those coffee shop chap fan places. What fish do they use? Too salty? They look quite nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect the fish is dory. The pot of tea that is included in this set costs MYR7 ish so the 21.90 price is ok.

      Delete
  3. Huh? Sweet and sour fish is a tad salty?? Hmm. Like Libby, I also prefer some gravy to my dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted seaweed strips, those black black strips right? I will gladly let you have them >.< ...

    Hmm, this Nana's becoming your favorite eatery huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those are seaweed strips. You have sharp eyes. Will eat there once a month.

      Delete
  5. The fish pieces look quite alright. I have walked past Nana Green Tea at 1-U. One day I'll pop by and try the food,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading your review after you have tried this place.

      Delete
  6. I have yet to try Nana Green Tea...Will try someday...their green tea desserts looks good (in ur previous posts).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fish pieces ok? Quite often there's a lot of flour coating on fish to stretch out the small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ok despite being a little too salty. The flour coating is very thin.

      Delete
  8. Looks good and making me hungry. I am looking forward to dinner.

    ReplyDelete