Friday, August 5, 2016

Alternate Slushy

My favourite matcha slushy from Nana's Green Tea is the Matcha Shiratama Slushy (MYR16.10 nett) because I like to eat the green tea ice cream that is on top of the matcha slushy even though I am indifferent to the shiratama (glutinous rice balls).

The other three choices are:
1. Matcha Kanten Slushy - Kanten means jelly.
2. Matcha Kuromitsu Slushy - Kuromitsu is brown sugar syrup. This slushy is topped with whipped cream and drizzled with brown sugar syrup. I dislike eating whipped cream because I do not like the foamy texture of it so I will never order this.
3. Matcha Soft Cream Slushy - this slushy is topped with soft serve vanilla ice cream. Since my aim of eating at this place is to eat as much green tea item as I could, why would I want to eat vanilla ice cream so this option is forever out too.

That leaves me with Matcha Kanten Slushy which is Matcha Slushy topped with black soybean and kanten jelly at MYR11.50 nett which is priced lower than my favourite Matcha Shiratama Slushy so I ordered that once in a while because I can save MYR4.60 by doing so and still get to eat Matcha Slushy.

Matcha Kanten Slushy (MYR11.50 nett) with a pot of hot green tea that came with the set meal where the main dish is not in the photo.

Close up of the slushy. The yellowish brown colour is the brown sugar syrup. Lots of black soybean which is said to be good for health and green jelly. The slushy is quite watery so I think I will stick with my favourite matcha slushy which is not so watery unless I just ate it recently.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, you can try this since Nana is in Singapore.

      Delete
  2. Slushy? Dunno what that is. At first, I thought it would be those full-of-shaved-ice thing at 7 Eleven - what are they called now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one from 7-11 is called slurpee. Slushy is basically frozen drink being blended I would say.

      Delete
  3. RM 16.10... sounds like quite steep.

    Wait a minute, Starbucks green tea latte also about the same price. What am I talking about... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah, I did not that you know the price of Starbucks drinks.

      Delete
  4. Nice little teapot sitting on the tray.

    I used to be crazy over matcha flavour. But hubs and the kids don't like it so I hardly go for that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just go by yourself during lunchtime work days if you happen to be in the area.

      Delete
    2. Yeah gotta wait for my company to get a project there. :)

      Delete
  5. It looks so good. The price is a bit steep at RM 16.10. Was it at a classy eatery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not at a classy eatery. Just the usual nice eatery in a shopping mall.

      Delete
  6. I can tell that you like green tea a lot. I only like to drink it as it is and not have it in any desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you will change your mind if you try the green tea desserts from this eatery, especially this slushy.

      Delete
  7. I never seen or try this before. Hmm. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next time you visit KL, you can try.

      Delete
  8. This is new to me too. I like green tea as a tea, not so much in dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you will change your mind if you try this green tea slushy from this eatery since it is not that sweet.

      Delete
  9. Last time I tasted green tea ice cream in Sushi King.. but never had a jelly type before.. Looks good here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try this eatery with your daughter. There is an outlet in One Utama since you seems to go there when you are in KL.

      Delete