Friday, July 7, 2023

Robust Beef Borscht Macaroni Soup

On Friday 7.jul.2023, went to Kam Kee Cafe at the Tropika for my omad and his lunch. Parked at the covered basement car park of the Tropika at the rate of MYR 3 nett for the 1st 2 hours max or partial. He also went to Jaya Grocer to buy grocery because he plans to cook the prawns bought by the elderly for their snack on Saturday morning.

*** Kam Kee Cafe The Tropika ***

11.03 am - my omad of beef slices macaroni in borscht soup with an added fried egg. I mixed the runny yolk into the hot borscht soup so it gets cooked.  

I like the taste of this dish so I drank all the robust Beef Borscht soup which has bits of tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery in it so it is very tasty. The beef slices are smooth and tender. 

The soup may look red but the tomato taste is just right. I will order this dish again on my next visit but with pork chop instead of beef slices.

11.27 am - I kept the above remaining macaroni and beef slices for the next day as I need to eat the egg tart and drink all my iced Cham drink.

11.02 am - his lunch of stir fried nissin noodles with pork chop and an add-on fried sunny side up egg. He ordered this dish because when we ate brunch at Kam Kee starling mall he saw a customer having stir fried nissin noodles with broccoli so he wanted to order that dish but this dish does not seem to be that dish. I suspect that dish to be pork curry with nissin noodles so on our next trip, we will order pork curry with nissin noodles.

11.12 am - I ate the above remaining stir fried nissin noodles to get the taste. It is full of wok hei and flavourful.

11.01 am - his hot honey lemon drink and my less sweet iced Cham drink. Two crispy pastry lardy egg tarts. Yummy 😋

Total price is MYR 78.20 nett for two pax.

*** 126 Mixed Rice Sri Petaling ***

1 pm - I bought takeaway chapfan no rice dinner for him from 126 mixed rice Sri Petaling MYR 10.20 nett:
1. 2 brinjal ytf
2. 1 bittergourd ytf
3. Broccoli cauliflower
4. Okra
5. Stir fry long bean okra brinjal

4.25 pm - he only ate this small bowl of chapfan no rice from the big container as he said I bought too much so I had to eat the remaining veges the next day.

I also bought one piece of deep fried chicken thigh MYR 5.50 nett for his dinner as the protein.

8 comments:

  1. is the beef tough? I just passed by Kam Kee on today, but did not go in. Will go there one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are back from Panama, yay! Already written up there that the beef slices are smooth and tender. Guess you read too fast.

      Delete
  2. Now you got be curious about the beef borscht soup. Maybe I can try that when I dine at Kam Kee Cafe, which I have yet to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do try that macaroni beef borscht soup.

      Delete
  3. I'd much rather have beef in that soup than pork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eaten beef d so try pork chop next round because can always eat beef again.

      Delete