Sunday, July 9, 2023

Chicken Rice

On Sunday 9.jul.2023, went to Taman Desa for brunch. I have been reading PH having roast platter:


https://phonghongbakes.blogspot.com/2023/07/saturday-eats.html

 and Rose 2nd tenant chicken rice stall:

So I went to eat chicken rice at Sky Kopitiam Taman Desa. Next time I will take a photo of this coffee shop.

10.27 am - our brunch:
1. Chicken breast meat rice, char siew with siew yuk and a bowl of soup MYR 18 nett
2. Hot cham drink and iced Cham drink MYR 5 nett
3. From the chapfan stall, a small bowl of sour spicy mustard leaves and a plate of nai pak vege with steamed egg MYR 8 nett

I dropped off fruits and bread for my friend and bought a pack of chicken breast meat rice, char siew and siew yuk MYR 17 for them as well. Their review:

"Chicken rice is very tasty, not too salty or oily, just right. Rice has no hard bits, just right chewiness, not too soft or mushy; has ginger taste , daun kunyit , coriander root, pandan.
Char Siew has just the right sweetness, Siew Yuk has crispy skin, very hiong both no strong porky taste at all.

Chicken breast meat is also not tough, though less savoury than CS, SY , no strong chicken taste. NiceπŸ‘

Has satay smoky taste too.πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
8pcs Cs, 6pcs SY, full half chicken breast , quite a lot of meat for MYR 17 nettπŸ‘πŸ»"

10.24 am - his brunch of pork mihun soup MYR 9 nett 

3.28 pm - his dinner of diy egg, 3 colours capsicums and bunapi mushrooms. I helped him to finish up this egg dish.

14 comments:

  1. His colourful egg dish looked good. I love capsicums. In pizza, or stir fried. Not in salad as it was raw, not to my liking.

    Anytime chicken rice for me
    Steamed or roasted I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime chicken rice for me also. Do you like to eat any raw vegetables?

      Delete
    2. I do. Lettuce, those salad vegetables. Baby carrots. Other than that, I prefer slightly grilled or seared vegetables, mushrooms. Capsicum tasted better with some char on it. Hehe.

      Delete
    3. With some char the capsicums are sweeter. Raw capsicums taste more refreshing.

      Delete
  2. The DIY egg is the most impressive looking dish in this postπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't eaten chicken rice for some time now. Maybe one of these days I will ask hubby to tapau for me. Yes, I miss eating satay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when you feel like it, can eat it if up to it.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a nice chicken rice meal. Your hubby's omelette is so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad the chicken rice is tastt. He likes tri color capsicums.

      Delete
  5. I just took chicken rice yesterday, steamed chicken with lots of ginger to dip in. Yes, I like them steamed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend gives detailed reviews!

    ReplyDelete