Wednesday, July 19, 2023

San Jiu Prawn Mee Kuchai

On Wednesday 19.jul.2023, he suggested a new eatery to try out so we went there for brunch.

*** Prawn Mee ***

10.53 am - his small bowl of cham loh yellow noodles mihun MYR 10.90 nett with added 2 ribs MYR 5 nett and 2 chicken feet MYR 3 nett.
My small bowl of prawn mihun hor fun MYR 10.90 nett with added small prawns MYR 3 nett.
Bottom photo:
Side dish: fish fillet MYR 8 nett. The staff says it is red fish so I think it could be red snapper. The fish meat tastes good. The thin layer of batter tastes a bit sweet to me.
The deep fried shallots placed in the spoon tasted good.
Both small portions have a lot of noodles so the big portions must have a huge amount of noodles.

6 pieces of fish fillets MYR 8 nett.
The greenish garlic dip is a bit spicy and a bit sweet.
I just tried a bit of the sambal, it is spicy and also a bit sweet.
The broth of the prawn Mee is not spicy without adding in the sambal and is a bit sweet. The broth of the loh noodles is sweeter and has a herb taste as the norm with loh noodles broth.

Total: MYR 45.30 nett for 2 pax.

The top part of the menu.

Bottom part of the menu.

Store front.

*** New stall at Tim Won ***

Siew yuk and roast chicken MYR 9 nett.

11.52 am - the new roast meat stall at Tim Won coffee shop.

10 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely delicious! The way you described the prawn mee and the added ribs and chicken feet has my mouth watering. And that fish fillet side dish sounds like a must-try.

    I love how you captured the details of the food - from the taste of the broth to the spicy sambal and greenish garlic dip. Your descriptions really brought the whole experience to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prawn mee must be very tasty. The two bowls look really good in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of loh mee. I would go for prawn noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like prawn noodles only in Penang, in Ipoh I could not find a nice stall to compete with. I like your choice of meat... roasted pork is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete