Sunday, July 2, 2023

Cheese Baked Rice

On Sunday 2.jun.2023, reached Midvalley Mall early at 9.20 am and walked to AMAH eatery but the promo is not available on Sunday so we ate at Nanyang Cafe instead.

Then we bought a new plain cotton bed sheet and pillow cases. At Chateraise, bought one double fantasy choux to rectify the wrong choux that I bought a few days ago. Later, we went up to the rooftop of the Gardens Mall to visit the Book Xcess book store and had snacks at the cafe. The cafe has a very relaxing ambiance so we will go there again.

*** Nanyang Cafe Midvalley Mall ***

9.58 am - I ordered this pork chop cheese baked fried rice with tomato puree MYR 25.90++ and had to wait a while before eating it as it was very hot straight from the oven.

10.01 am - there is a big piece of pork chop underneath the baked cheese, slices of tomatoes, cubes of carrots and onions on top of fried rice. A filling dish so I brought a third home for the next day.

The menu says need to wait for 30 minutes and it didn't mention any cheese. The name of this dish in English is Baked Pork Chop with Fried Rice in Tomato Puree MYR 25.90++ so I didn't expect the cheese although he says that from the photo of this dish, he can see that it has cheese.

9.32 am - he ordered this dry trotters noodles MYR 17.90++ and I ate a bit of it.

9.45 am - this is the portion that I ate.

The knuckle noodles dish in the menu.

9.28 am - his hot Nanyang milk tea MYR 6.90++ and my iced cold Nanyang cham MYR 7.90++ 

12.21 noon - total price is MYR 68 nett.

*** Plain 100% Cotton ***

Bought the basic bedsheet and pillow cases. Queen size fitted sheet MYR 199 with 2 pillow cases and 1 bolster case with more than 50% off and 4 sets of 2 pillow cases at MYR 45 with more than 50% off. Total price is MYR 171.75 nett. 780 thread count 100% cotton plain colour.

11.52 am - he bought a mat MYR 19.90 nett so total price is MYR 191.65 nett.

Bedsheet colour: Gull
Rm199
Pillow case
Rm45
Colour:
Messa Red
Mirage Gray
Stucco
Sand Dollar
Total rm171.75 nett

*** Chateraise choux ***

12.17 noon - went to Chateraise to look for the choux that my friend recommended and saw this Double Fantasy choux pastry.

12.40 noon - I bought one Double Fantasy choux MYR 6.40 each.

12.41 noon - made in Kofu City.

12.41 am - the fillings are very fine and smooth cream on top and custard at the bottom.

My friend sent me this photo Double Chou Cream that is exactly like the one she bought from Chateraise Queensbay Mall Penang. I wonder why kl and Penang are selling this choux with different packaging.

6 comments:

  1. Used to enjoy cheese baked rice but need to share with someone as it is filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, better to share else need to bring remaining food home.

      Delete
  2. long time since i last had cheese baked rice. Need to share coz the cheese would be too 'jelak' for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I can't remember when was the previous time I had cheese baked rice. Definitely more than 3 years ago. Surprisingly the cheese here is not jelak but then I brought some cheese home. Yes, better to share.

      Delete
  3. The pastry is indeed tempting! Was the tomato puree taste strong in your baked cheese rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chateraise has a store at 1u I believe so can try if interested. I like tomato taste so to me the tomato taste in this dish is very nice, doesn't taste like artificial essence to me. Can you give an example of strong tomato taste to you? If you put tomato ketchup from mcd sachets onto your burger, is that taste strong or not? Or strong is measured in amount? As in use one full whole sachet of tomato sauce then the tomato taste is strong, use half sachet, then the taste is just right?

      Delete