Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Restoran Nasi Dagang Pokbang

 On New Year's day, 1.1.21 Friday, I went to buy Burger King Hershey's Sundae Pie at Dataran Dwitasik, Bandar Sri Permaisuri and saw this eatery with customers walking out with many packs of takeaway food so I know that the food there is tasty. Stopped the car and bought some food from the eatery too.

Nasi dagang ikan tongkol - MYR 6.50 nett. The gravy is not very spicy and taste good because it is full of coconut taste. Yummy!

Pulut panggang. The fillings taste of fish but is grated coconut.

So long and thin. Grilled till fragrant.

I bought all these food for a total of MYR 8.50 nett.

Shop interior. They are on fb and insta. Delivery by food panda and their own rider. Can wasap them to order.

Shop front. Restoran Nasi Dagang Pokbang - Masakan Asli Terengganu.

In their insta post here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFmFcGMH88C/ 
They say that must use the above rempah gulai to be original from Terengganu. PH has also mentioned about this spices in her 2017 post here:

28 comments:

  1. RM8.50 is reasonable, love nasi dagang. Yours looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seldom eat ikan tongkol. Rice looks good & authentic Terengganu dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U don't like mackerel fish?

      Delete
    2. I seldom eat. Not a fish fan.

      Delete
    3. i like salmon coz mostly are served boneless. But so far, i never seen salmon curry in nasi dagang...

      Delete
    4. This tongkol also not much bones. If I see salmon in nasi dagang I let u know.

      Delete
    5. I was about to ask if the ikan tongkol got bones or are in fillet form?

      Delete
    6. The bones are big ones. It is like salmon cut cross section with the middle round backbone.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know that BK has pie. Hershey's Sundae Pie some more. Ok will try this the next time.

    Pulut panggang looks good. I have yet to try this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha,means either you are forgetful or u miss it when u r reading the post about coffee Coca cola. The photos of the hershey sundae / ice cream pie are in that coca cola coffee post.

      Delete
  4. The nasi dagang I had before was so spicy, I can't take it. Lol.

    I like pulut panggang especially eith sambal filling. Hubby prefer non-filling but he takes it with kaya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky this nasi dagang is not spicy. Pulut with kaya is like Pulut Tai Tai. Very tasty too.

      Delete
  5. Never tasted nasi dagang before... it must be good since it is highlighted in fb and instagram..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to do cuti cuti locally and go Terengganu to taste the authentic nasi dagang.

      Delete
  6. Long time didn't eat nasi dagang and pulut panggang. The pulut panggang sold in my area is short and fat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only time I eat pulut panggang this thin and long.

      Delete
  7. I learnt to eat Nasi Dagang in Kelantan after trying their famous Nasi Kerabu. They have some similarity with Thai styled cooking. Nice!

    I always loved to pick up Pulut Panggang that has burnt edges! So fragrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U also went to Terengganu right? U didn't eat in Terengganu?

      Delete
    2. Yes I went to Terengganu but forgot what I ate there. However I remembered what I ate in Kelantan after 2 trips there and wish to go again. It has some strange charm that made me like the place and people.

      Delete
    3. Means u prefer Kelantan when compared to Terengganu.

      Delete
  8. Lot of customers is always a good sign. So this one ended up cheap and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hah..hah..yes, cap bunga ros very famous in Terengganu. Glad you enjoyed the nasi dagang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have stock of this cap bunga ros in your pantry?

      Delete
  10. Must try Pulut Panggang with sambal filling or with kaya one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do and write about it to let us know whether or not u like.

      Delete