Wednesday, January 20, 2021

December BKT Delivery

Last Saturday 16.1.21, we stayed at home all day so we ordered delivery from an unfamiliar bak out teh eatery in Sri Petaling because it was on Panda Box with a MYR 12 discount for purchase above MYR 30.

11.50 am - Dry Bak Kut Teh at MYR 17.90 with some okras in it. Not spicy. Taste ok.

Bak Kut Teh for 1 pax at MYR 16.90 with a sweet broth. I tested a bit of the broth and it tasted some what like Sarsi to me. I am not used to sweet broth like this.

4 pm - After he ate some for lunch, I kept the remaining portion in the fridge.

Pepper pork stomach soup at MYR 15.90 with just too many pieces of pork stomach though they can't be seen in this photo.

Keeping the remaining portion in the fridge and used it to cook Mee hoon for breakfast on 18.1.21 Monday.

The name of the eatery is December Bak Kut Teh.
Total price is MYR 44.83 nett inclusive of delivery fees after discount so it works out to about MYR 14.94 per dish. I ordered one portion of rice too.

All the food I ordered.

It was packaged like this.

6.30 pm - he stir fried the remaining rice with the remaining dry bak kut teh pork and another portion of rice with pork belly non existent salted fish from Friday so it was a huge portion.
 
We divided this huge portion into two equal portions and ate one portion each because I wanted to clear all the cooked rice from the fridge. I was very full when I finally ate all my share.

*** 19.1.21 Tue ***

10.20 am - not my early lunch of instant noodles cooked with the remaining bak kut teh from Saturday, 3 days ago with added siew bok choy.

9.24 am - my breakfast of a MYR 2 curry puff bought on Sunday from a stall in front of Sepetang coffee shop, taman Desa. It is surprisingly good because there are potatoes, a good size cube of chicken meat and a quarter full boiled egg in it.

2 pm - my lunch of an egg tart MYR 2 from the same stall as the curry puff. It has too thick almost uncooked salty pastry skin but the egg custard tastes ok so overall it is passable.

2.04 pm - I ate the 3 of 3 KR raisin muffin. I like the dense texture but it is slightly too sweet for me.

4.30 pm - a kaya puff bought on Sunday for my early dinner. I just realised I ate snacks for food the whole day except for a few slices of rainbow sprouted bread and a piece of pork meat with siew bok choy from his bak kut teh instant noodles. Tomorrow or rather today is another day for food, yay! Maybe eat snack the whole day again. 😋

20 comments:

  1. I love that pepper pork stomach soup. Had that in KL - we can't get it here. Foochows more into pork liver soup though we do get beef tripe or pig intestines soup too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beef tripe or pig intestines soup that you can get, do they have white pepper in them or not?

      Delete
    2. Not really - they do not add the peppercorn in the soup but they can give pepper powder to you in a shaker and you can add yourself.

      Delete
    3. I think with the pepper shaker, won't be that peppery unless pour a lot of pepper powder into the soup.

      Delete
  2. Sweet bkt? Tht's uniquely weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as sweet as in tong sui. This december bak kut teh is very near your parents' house so maybe you can go buy takeaway from there n test the sweetness for yourself. Perhaps you won't find it sweet.

      Delete
    2. i see....i think i have tasted some 'slightly sweet' bkt but not like sarsi-flavour sweetness. The bkt stall is next to Mun Kee Steam Fish Head at Jalan Perisa, Happy Garden (it opens from 6pm onwards, MCO time not sure). Maybe they put some sugar in it to supress the herbal taste.

      Delete
    3. I think the sweetness maybe caused by too much star anise, aniseed and cloves. I know the bkt u r talking about, it is not as sweet as this one. If u don't mind, u can go try the December BKT n let me know what you think of the sweetness.

      Delete
  3. It's actually nice once in a while to just eat snacks the whole day. I like kaya puffs. Let me see if I can get from the coffee shops around my place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure Annie-1 sells kaya puff or not because I know Annie-1 does sell nyonya Kuih. Will you be full if you eat snacks the whole day? Unless you eat a lot of snacks. 😆

      Delete
  4. I love curry puffs. Looks like packed with filling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dry Bak Kut Teh looks so different from what we have over here. Perhaps because you omitted chilli?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree sweet BKT is weird.

    At least your snacks aren't junk food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you won't feel that it is sweet. Oh, you don't consider these as junk food?

      Delete
    2. Not as junky as candy, chocolate, chips...

      Delete
  7. I like pepper pork stomach soup, very comforting for our stomach, lol.

    ReplyDelete