Monday, January 4, 2021

Drizzling Whole Day

 It was drizzling on Saturday night and when I woke up on Sunday 3 Jan 2021, it was still drizzling, good for sleeping in but I got up to do my weekly grocery shopping at deMarket supermarket in taman Desa because it opens early at 8.30 am and it can be accessed directly from the main road. Parked near the entrance under an awning so was sheltered from the rain. Free parking for 2 hours with a purchase of MYR 30 per receipt. By 9 am, we have completed our grocery shopping. Not many people because of the rain and early timing.

On the way back, saw the old lady and her son by the roadside selling Kuih under a big umbrella in the rain so stopped the car to buy MYR 20 worth of food from them so that they may go home early once their products sold out.

10.10 am - Bought a prepacked packet of 3 chai kuehs with jicama dried shrimps fillings and a prepacked packet of 3 pieces of pumpkin Kuih. Each packet costs MYR 4 nett each. Taste good. Ate one each at 10.45 am.

They are also selling savoury red bean pork bak chang at MYR 4 nett each so I bought one to try.

4.30 pm - shared it for dinner. Can't really taste the red bean because the 5 spice taste is stronger. 

Bought 3 purple yam Coconut Kuih at MYR 5 nett because I like this Kuih the best amongst all the Kuih that they are selling. Since the coconut will go bad very fast, we ate all of them immediately when we got back home. I ate 2 at 10.30 am. They are kind enough to sell me 2 other Kuih for MYR 3 Nett when one costs MYR 1.70 nett when I told them I want to use up all my MYR 20 which was all the cash I brought down from the car. I chose one white radish Kuih and one chu yap Kuih.

10.10 am - not my nasi lemak from Sepetang coffee shop with white small octopus curry. My packet of Nasi Lemak with tiny prawns is in the fridge because I couldn't find time and stomach space for it on Sunday.

7.20 am - shared this 3jc Mee hoon MYR 7 nett bought the previous day from the coffee shop next to lucky alley that sells duck rice. I must remember to look at the name next time. The soup has no pepper taste and is a bit on the salty side.

Mee jawa from Sepetang coffee shop MYR 7 but without any noodles. I asked for the gravy to be put together so I had to eat it at 11 am before everything inside turned too soggy. After eating this, I was so very full since I also ate the Kuih and a bit of nasi Lemak sotong.

5 pm - it was still drizzling so he cooked red amaranth soup with one century egg. Satisfying hot soup on a drizzling cold day. The soup is purplish. Can you spot the century egg?

7.30 pm - I ate my portion of red amaranth and drank the purplish soup. Yummy!

20 comments:

  1. Nice hot soup to warm the tummy on a cold dayπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuihs look good! Nasi lemak too! Weather has been fine for two or three days...but raining this morning. No gardening! Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are our chosen food. No rain for 2 or 3 days? So nice?

      Delete
  3. Same over here. Rain on Saturday night, woke up to a wet Sunday morning. Bit drizzle in morning too.

    I passed on the soup. No century egg for me. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess it is rainy season now. You don't like century eggs.

      Delete
  4. I want that ed bean pork bak chang. Looks delicious. :D

    Yeah it has been raining non-stop right? It is freaking cold over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have eaten red bean with pork savoury bak chang before? Yes, drizzling all the time. Very cold here too.

      Delete
  5. So many varieties... I like the kueh esp with the coconut fillings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That coconut Kuih is my favourite Kuih too.

      Delete
  6. We had rain the whole of yesterday and this morning. Today on and off drizzling. I like chai kueh and yam with coconut filling. If I boil red amaranth soup, I will end up having to drink it all because the red colour will scare off hubby. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here also drizzling on and off the whole day. Both chai kuehs n the yam with coconut fillings are very tasty. I will buy again next weekend. Why is your hubby scared of natural colours? Lolx! πŸ˜…

      Delete
  7. The chai kueh looks good, so plump. I haven't eaten such kuehs for a long time. Must go and look for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This chai kueh is very nice because the jicama fillings are still crunchy.

      Delete
  8. Yes non-stop drizzling yesterday. Luckily wasn't planning to go anywhere.

    The food from this stall looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U got car, can still go out when it is drizzling but not go outside to exercise. The old lady knows how to make tasty kueh.

      Delete
  9. I really salute the good services at De Market. Whenever it rained, their staff would offer to carry the shopping bags and bring the customers to their cars using umbrellas from De Market. I got this privilege service twice and once I parked my car so faraway at the school's entrance! I was so happy as I had never seen such good services from any supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then u must shop there more to support their staff.

      Delete
  10. I was about to ask how come cannot see the noodles in the mee jawa. I love soup, so satisfying and comforting! Seldom find red beans in our bak chang in SG. It rained continuously for three days in SG when I went for my staycation with Jovy from 1st Jan to 3rd Jan. I love chai kuihs and the yam coconut filling kuih.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floods in many states here. Good that you enjoyed a local staycation with jovy.πŸ‘

      Delete