Friday, January 8, 2021

Nikudo Seafood

5.30 pm - Not my dinner on Wednesday 6 Jan 2021. He cooked frozen dumplings with baby capsicums and coriander.

This dumpling is different from the frozen jiaozi because it has very thin, slippery and almost translucent skin.

I ate two dumplings to sample the taste. The fillings are almost in paste form and tastes of prawns. The skin as mentioned before is thin, smooth and slippery. So this dumpling is acceptable.

He bought this packet of 10 frozen dumplings from De Market supermarket in Taman Desa so I don't know how much it is except that there is a 60 cents discount for each packet.


 Search online and found it is selling for MYR 7 nett.

Its own online store sells it for MYR 6.50:

There are also chives and chicken dumplings. The online store sells many other frozen seafood too.

20 comments:

  1. Roughly 65 cents per dumpling. Price is OK. That bowl in your 1st picture consists of whole pack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a good cook. Love how he added the colours, sure looked nicer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. I love to eat the colourful capsicums.

      Delete
  3. Everything is so convenient right? Can buy straight from the online app store as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For businesses to be competitive, need to be online d.

      Delete
  4. I like dumpling with thin and smooth skin. But filling must be equal good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thin and smooth skin u will like but not sure u will like the fillings or not.

      Delete
  5. I used to buy these type of frozen dumplings for my soup. If am not mistaken the brand was CP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it is considered cheap... I never bought frozen ones before, just yesterday I made wanton dumplings using fish paste and minced meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You 💪taking make your own food from scratch.

      Delete
  7. I have stocked up on such frozen food in my freezer. Haven't gotten round to eating the frozen dumplings yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What brand of frozen dumplings do you buy? Nice?

      Delete
    2. Figo. I haven't tried it though. Had to buy RM200 to get free shipping so have a lot of stuff.

      Delete
    3. Wow! You must have a super big freezer because if one pack is around 7, u need to buy around 29 packs. One pack also didn't eat?

      Delete
  8. I am very tempted to try this Japanese Prawn Dumplings. I will fry them crispy instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like dumplings with minced meat filling. Wonder if prawn paste and fish paste filling are nice or not? I had bought and tried CP brand frozen dumplings before. I am interested to try this Japanese Prawn Dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fillings are like paste so maybe you won't like. Cp should be nicer I guess.

      Delete