Monday, January 11, 2021

JiPinHe

Saw this advert online so decided to buy the pastries to try on Sunday 10.1.21 as snacks. This new eatery is a big kiosk at Lot 10 mall near the Bukit Bintang monorail station. The pastries are freshly made on the spot daily.

12.15 noon. Bought 4 of them via beepit hp app and delivery by lalamove. They are savoury pastries with meat fillings.

Very crispy but nearer to the fillings, it is soft and doughy.

This one has beef fillings.

This one is with chicken thigh meat fillings.

This one is with tomato chicken thigh meat and corns fillings. The chicken thigh meat are cut into bite sizes with some chicken skin.

The delivery menu in the app.

I didn't order the one with mala spicy chicken thigh fillings because I don't dare to eat spicy food. I read the online reviews and noticed that there used to be a mixed prawn and chicken fillings but it is not in the menu now.

Rattan Pepper is also known as hua jiao (花椒) and has a certain fragrance.

I ordered all flavours except for the mala spicy pastry. I like to eat them because the pastry crust remains me of spring onion pastry in Taiwan, crispy outside and soft inside. They are a little bit larger than my palm so one would be enough for me.

18 comments:

  1. The crust looks like the flaky type in kaya puff. Since u mentioned the size is slightly bigger than ur palm then maybe tht size of kaya puff too? Long time didnt go BB...dunno wht eatery is trendy there nowadays😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like only because kaya puffs are not soft doughy inside. A big kaya puff maybe same size cos this is puffed up so is fat. I one year more never go BB.

      Delete
  2. Those scones look good! Would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like such crusty meat puff. I would go for the thigh. I would not try the mala too. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am crazy over eating good pastry! I will take a 20 minutes MRT from my area to buy this from the kiosk which I know where! Your photos have lured me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pastries look good! I wouldn't mind having a piece or two too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look good! Not scones as I know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy! Not english scones definitely.

      Delete
  7. You made the scones look really delicious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was at Bugis Junction just now, forgot to buy the savoury pastry with chicken meat from Polar.

    ReplyDelete