Saturday, January 9, 2021

CNY is near

 He wanted to eat mcd prosperity chicken burger on 8.1.21 Fri. I warned him that even PH says it is too peppery. He insists so I ordered delivery just for him. Didn't buy any burgers for myself but bought pies, mcFlurry and latte.

New packaging for mcd pies. Pies went into the fridge for another day.

The two mcFlurry went immediately into the freezer to be eaten on another day.

6.20 pm - prosperity chicken burger set. Very peppery that it burns the mouth. I didn't eat any mcd food because I have brushed my teeth for the day so not eating anymore food.

CNY Angpow packets from Giant supermarket indicating that CNY is near.

12.42 noon - lunch is delivered by food panda from canton kitchen.

Total bill is around MYR 46.

Spicy mini lobster poon choi for cny. Not for me because who wants to be removing shells from mini lobster during cny, not me.

Shared by 2 pax and ate all during lunch time itself.

1.13 pm - my portion of breakfast from morning.

10 am - ate two slices of bread with the remaining pork meat from pork vinegar rice bought on wed from Lucky Alley.

7.43 am - herbal dong guai pork ribs Mee suah MYR 10 bought from Chok Kar Chong restaurant on Thursday. Kept the Mee suah in the fridge and use instant noodles instead. Added siew bok choy too. Shared by 2 pax.

24 comments:

  1. Lol...everyone wants a taste of prosperity burger....so 'ong'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One prosperity burger is RM16.97? WOWWWWW!!! Not celebrating Chinese New Year this year, no need for any and pao packets. I've stocked up a lot of food, expect a lockdown Monday but maybe not in Sarawak, not so serious here, generally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is for a set with a drink and curly fries. So u r well prepared now.

      Delete
  3. I have been a great fan of Prosperity Burgers for years. I also felt that the recent bite made me gasped for water as it burnt my throat. I am someone who could eat very spicy Thai food but this burger's hot pepper was volcanic. I bet they received heaps of complaints by sore throat customers. Kena makan dengan was was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't play play when eating it. Too peppery for me definitely.

      Delete
  4. I love spicy food but not so spicy till it burns the mouth and numb the taste buds. I haven't tried the prosperity burger yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't fancy prosperity burger. Too peppery. PH was blogging about it yesterday. Looked like some is getting prosperity burger in anticipation for cny. My man used to enjoy it every year but not of recent yeears. Taste too overpowering, he said. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does he still eat it though he doesn't enjoy it?

      Delete
  6. I like your lunch from Canton Kitchen. The pic below the poon choi pic, what was that? Fried carrot cakes and ginger fish fillets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the 3 items as shown in the order slip - rice, spring onion ginger fish fillets and deep fried seafood tofu.

      Delete
  7. By the way, I have left comments in all your previous posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Missing your posts. I guess you are very busy.

      Delete
  8. Ah I just had the Prosperity burger today for lunch. I'm a fan of that burger and will surely have it at least once a year. Peppery and with raw onions - indeed like it or hate it! Oh I was tempted into getting that pie too. Raspberry cream cheese in a dark chocolate shell - looks and sounds nice! But overall I wasn't in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beef or chicken? So that means you like your super peppery burger, right? What is it you don't like in that pie? U expected it to have something that it doesn't have? I haven't eaten that pie yet. Still in my fridge.

      Delete
    2. Beef to me is much better than chicken. I've had the chicken one only once. The super-peppery works for me in this burger.

      The pie... somehow just didn't wow me. Could have just been my mood hehe. Nothing offensive about it for sure. So far my fav is still bubur chacha/yam.

      Delete
    3. You are right. Beef taste goes better with pepper taste than chicken with pepper. I think I can still remember the yam pie. Quite ok to me.

      Delete
  9. Yes CNY is almost here. We bought the packet drinks already and they are filled with ang pows too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you expecting many guests since you bought packet drinks.

      Delete