Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Kims Korean Food Penang

My friend took us to eat Korean food when we were in Penang.

Kim's Restaurant at Arena Curve, Bayan Baru


We ordered 4 main dishes for 4 pax and were given the following side dishes (Banchan) which are refillable except for the corns in cheese. The table is made of wood but the spot where the corns in the hotplate is placed is heated by an induction stove underneath the table.

Corns in Cheese in Hotplate - Non refillable.

Deep fried anchovies and nuts - is slightly sweet and also salty. More salty than sweet.

Mashed potatoes which we asked for refills.

Kimchi

Pickled vegetable

Amaranth Green (Yin Choy). I prefer them to be softer.

Watermelon slices on the house (Foc)

Location of the Kim's Restaurant

Cold water is provided on the house too (foc). The main dishes will be in the subsequent posts. Do stay tune.

24 comments:

  1. Korean cuisine is a good change sometimes. Healthy and interesting. I am still not a big fan of kim chi though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not into kim chi nor Korean all that much. My Penang friend went to this one on his birthday: https://www.facebook.com/jinggodakgalbi/?pnref=story - he did not enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinggodakgalbi is nearby this place. I find Korean food very similar to Chinese food so I am ok with it.

      Delete
  3. Huh? Got shops open in Arena already ar?? Okay one of these days have to go look see look see already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are shops at the hotel nearby too namely a lobster and seafood restaurant.

      Delete
  4. I love kim chi, I fell in love with it after trying it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Korean food. I was lucky to sample authentic Korean food cooked either onsite by a Korean chef (including wild greens from the mountain) and catered for at events. It sure was different from the ones in restaurants. Their kimchi was so good unlike the ones in the shop where it was too salty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wild greens must be so tasty. Lucky you indeed.

      Delete
  6. I love the Korean restaurants which serve good banchans and would refill generously! Yours looked very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are indeed a foodie because I believe you like most type of food and can appreciate them.

      Delete
    2. I think I am very greedy and eat anything under the sun.

      Delete
    3. Able to eat is good fortune according to a Chinese saying.

      Delete
  7. I don't patron much to Korean restaurants but the few I went, I love them cos got free this free that! ha! ha! Like their kimchis and pickles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't eat Korean often and I also like to eat kimchi.

      Delete
  8. I love Korean food and my favorite banchan is the ikan bilis and bayam. I have not come across the corn in cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be very special, that corn in cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more sweet than salty. The cheese is sticky.

      Delete
  10. Too bad corn in cheese not refillable. I love corn in cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you eat too much of this then you won't have space in your stomach for the main dish.

      Delete
  11. ah....Korean food!! am craving for it!!!

    ReplyDelete