Friday, February 5, 2016

Salted Egg Golden Lava Croissant

The salted egg yolk custard bun is my favourite bao due to its salted egg yolk custard fillings so when I read that this filling is now available in croissants, I know I must try them but the queues at the first bakery that started selling this croissant are very long so I decided to wait until the time I can buy them without needing to wait and queue. After a while other bakeries follow suit and sell this type of croissant but I did not get a chance to try those until recently.

I bought just one croissant to try. It is quite big.

I tear it into two and the filling flows out.

\
As I have not eaten any before, I could not do a comparison between them. On its own merit, I find this croissant delicious with a rich butter taste and its filling is exactly like those in my favourite buns. 



20 comments:

  1. I have heard about this salted egg golden lava croissant, as well as people complaining how the owner deals with business, hahaha!! good that many other bakeries are doing the same thing to share the cake of the market~~ I have yet to try though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! :)

    Oh, we got ours at RM 6.50 also, I wonder if the bakeries are standardizing the prices to make it all similar across the board. Does yours have cheese grated on top? Or is that something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, this seems to be the hottest item now! Aw, I want one too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read your post title, I thought you got yours from the insanely long queue bakery in KL only to find out that you're in Penang....hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like not bad, but usually I like to pick the very plain one instead, hahaha...because sometimes I've very 清淡 appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the title, I thought it was the newly opened bakery shop by the Naza TTDI family. I was wrong and it was in Penang. LOL

    I have not tried this bread yet. I am curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do try the ones in KL and PJ and let us know what you think of them!

      Delete
  7. Butter and salted egg... this is such super, super rich food haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. One is enough to fill up a hungry person.

      Delete
  8. Looks yummy!! I wish to try! :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, now I want to eat also! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this the controversial one, so much unhappiness over the social media? Can't get any decently nice croissants, never mind with or without salted egg custard filling. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the original bakery in pj. This is a different shop but similar product. No unhappiness in this shop because there is no queue.

      Delete