Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Chinese New Year!

Here's wishing everyone who is celebrating Chinese New Year, Gong Xi Fa Cai! May this year of the monkey bring you and your family good fortune, good health, peace and loads of happiness!

CNY décor at First Avenue, Penang

I did not get a chance to view it on the same floor.

After reading so much about the CNY décor in Queensbay Mall, I had to see it for myself. I like that it reuses the wall structure from its Christmas décor and I like it even better after I have seen it. It gives out the vibes of an ancient Chinese fort and I can see that it takes a lot of work and effort to make it.

Old wooden door - closed

Old wooden door - opened
 
Walking in through the wooden door to an ancient city

CNY decorations made from rattan baskets/trays (dulang rotan)

They even install window frames.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful decorations. Happy CNY to you, Mun and family members!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Happy CNY to you and your family too!

      Delete
  2. Yeah I noticed the window frames too, it makes the wall less "boring" when seen from 1st floor like from your picture. Although I still hoped they actually gave a bit more attention to the wall facing the "back" ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They gave it a textured paint work which I think is good enough rather than sticking cny adverts on the wall.

      Delete
    2. What? That's not textured paint work! At least, that's not what I think it is after scrutinizing them closely. That's them doing a half-a**ed job of painting the walls white, hahaha! :D

      Delete
    3. That colour is definitely not white! If I am not wrong they repainted the plain wall for cny. It may be white during Christmas. This one is streaky greyish brownish like aged stones.

      Delete
  3. Happy CNY to you and your family Mun! :)

    Here's to a wonderful and prosperous new year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy CNY to you and your family too! :)

      May you have good health, good fortune and vast amount of happiness!

      Delete
  4. Nice decorations.

    Happy Chinese New Year to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I was born in a year of the Monkey too, so I really hope this year would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Chinese New Year! Hope the Year of the Monkey will be a very much nicer one for all of us. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy cny to you too! Yes yes definitely hope that.

      Delete
  7. GONG XI FA CAI to you and family! May the Monkey Year be full of excitement and bring abundance of LUCK and Happiness to you!
    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Same wishes to you and your family!

      Delete