Thursday, February 4, 2016

Mee Suah 2

I like to eat this bowl of seafood noodle (MYR6.50 nett) at a hawker stall and would always ask for it to be served with mee sua but the broth has a slightly sweet taste that I do not quite like. Recently I observe how the seller cooks the noodle and notice that he carefully adds a bit of a special mixture of dark liquid into the broth. Today when I ordered this item, I asked the seller not to put in the dark liquid and he said to me that the broth would be like plain water, without any taste but I insisted so he did as I requested and the slightly sweet taste wasn't there anymore and I like this mee sua dish even more.

Tasty plump prawns with mee sua

Update: 18 June 2016 Saturday - the seller decided not to sell this seafood noodle anymore and just concentrate on selling pork noodles so more photos to remember this by.




16 comments:

  1. I had mee sua with prawns before, very versatile but usually we would have it with tradition red wine and ginger chicken soup - that is the only way you can get it here at the coffee shops and restaurants, or dry-fried, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a luxurious mee sua! :)

    I'll happily eat this for RM 6.50. The prawns are huge and I like clear broth seafood noodles. Interesting, you mean the dark liquid is not soy sauce but a sweet sauce?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sweet soy sauce mixed with some other secret ingredients.

      Delete
  3. I can see you really like mee sua...probably for its properties of not oily, bland and soft? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, yes I do because it is soft.

      Delete
  4. hmmm, i wonder what is in the dark sauce that he adds into the soup.. seems like his "secret weapon" isn't liked by all the customers huh?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The base is a sweet soy sauce. He mixes other secret ingredients in it.

      Delete
  5. Maybe it is the wine? Anyway, as long as you like it this way, I am sure he will oblige..

    ReplyDelete
  6. the noodles soup looks really plain, like 'ching tong' (clear soup)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love miswa (Mee Suah).. my mom has this dish where he put meat balls in it and another dish with sardines..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the sound of them, I like the dishes your mom prepares using miswa.

      Delete
  8. As long as the customer is happy. :)

    ReplyDelete