Sunday, February 28, 2016

Creatures of habit

The Zun Express is one of our frequent place to eat at whenever we are at Midvalley Mall. One of the set lunch meal that we like to order to share between the two of us is the Yee Fu Noodle set which includes a drink and a dessert priced at MYR18.80++ and we will order a soup to go with it at a special price of only MYR8++ so the total price inclusive of 10% service charge and 6% GST is MYR31.25 nett.

A set meal shared by two.

The greens are hidden beneath the noodle

Osmanthus Jelly with Goji (Wolfberry) and  a drink (part of the set)

Credit card payments are accepted for bills above MYR50 only

Please click on the photo above to view a larger version. Since it was nearing CNY at that time, they also included Jelly Fish Yee Sang (MYR28++), Salmon Yee Sang (MYR48++) and Steamed Rice with Chinese Sausage set meal (Lap Mei Fan at MYR22.80++) in their menu. Although we ordered the Lap Mei Fan in 2014 and 2015 at MYR19.80++ for both years, this year we skipped it.

22 comments:

  1. What's with the restaurants these days? Seems like they like to hide things beneath the noodles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not fine dining places so they do not arrange the food nicely inside the plate before serving.

      Delete
  2. haha, 'gems' hidden beneath the noodles! anyway, this looks like 'yee mee'. Long time didn't patronized this place already, almost forgotten about it...I should drop by again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like yee mee but don't have the alkaline taste of yee mee.

      Delete
  3. Did not notice this place when I was there last. Gotta look out for it next time. Noodles look good, sure would want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is located on the same row as Belanga and Nyonya colors.

      Delete
  4. I like yee fu mee too. I love the aroma of the thick gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The portion looks quite small from the picture here... but sure enough for me... eat less so that can try others...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes my mom will cook La Mei to go with rice, she will fry the La Mei and put dark soy sauce, yums

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of you must be small eaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think for lunch I won't mind sharing but if for dinner I can finish the whole set. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is my must-order item too :) I also like the (two, I think) types of fried rice. Hubby would always have the sang har meen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I couldn't bring myself to order the sang har meen that you mentioned last time too because I find it expensive.

      Delete
  10. You are really an expert in checking out the eateries in Mid Valley. The Yee Fu Noodles are my favourite too. Osmanthus Jelly with Goji is new in our local menus. I love them served cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not expert but glutton since I go there weekly.

      Delete