Friday, March 22, 2024

Ipoh Ais Kopi

On Friday 22.mar.2024, went to Ikea to put some items into their recycle bins. Before that ate brunch at pudu icc and after that, ate early tea at IKEA and then early dinner at an eatery we have never been to before which is Ipoh Ais coffee mytown.

*** Ipoh Ais Kopi MyTown ***

1.49 pm - ice cham which qualifies for an add on price of MYR 3.80++ because he ordered one main noodle dish.
His warm red bean orange peel tong Sui MYR 6.50++ which to his surprise wasn't sweet at all so he thinks they forgot to add syrup but he is fine with it because he doesn't want to drink sweet tong Sui.
My ABC with a default scoop of corn 🌽 ice cream 🍨 MYR 8.50++ which has too much ice so i couldn't finish it though I ate all the toppings.

1.44 pm - he selected this beef tendon noodles soup MYR 18.90++ which he gave me eat some of the noodles and beef with tendons.

2.01 pm - my portion. The wanton mee is crunchy and thin so it is easy to eat. The beef soup has strong herb taste but is not salty so I drank it all. I ate the noodles and beef with pickled green chillies which are very appetising.

2.46 pm - I walked away from this much ice.

1.45 pm - Ipoh Ais Kopi at mytown.

2.47 pm - total bill is MYR 43.75 nett.

1.40 pm - the menu recommend these two items. Perhaps next time we will order them.

*** Pudu Icc Ah Weng Kopi section ***

9.43 am - we chose to sit here because it is the better choice of available seats. All better tables are full. Total price for ice Hainan drink, Kaya butter toast, two half boiled eggs is MYR 10.60 nett.

9.46 am - he ordered this chicken mee sua in wine soup MYR 16 nett which tastes good 👍

9.57 am - I ordered one roll of popiah MYR 4 from aunt mei and had to take it to my table because they are not allowed to venture into the section where we were seated. I half expect someone to tell me not to eat the popiah at our table but luckily no one did.

*** IKEA cafe early tea ***

11.47 am - after buying two sets of 4 tea towels for my friend:
Inamaria blue/pink 30x40 com MYR 10 for 4 in 1 pack.
Rinnig white/green/patterned MYR 13 for 4 in 1 pack

We went for early tea:
Hot Black coffee no sugar MYR 6.90
Very small apple pastry with raisins MYR 1.50
Cinnamon roll pastry MYR 2.50
Then I saw the Swedish beef pie MYR 9.90 and decided to order it. He couldn't stand the butter smell because the staff reheated the pie so I sat and ate the beef pie at another table.

11.55 am - rich butter flaky pastry pie with coarsely minced beef fillings. Not that heavy but flavours are full.

After that, at about 1.44 pm, we went for early dinner at Ipoh Ais Kopi mytown which we haven't been to as shown in photo 1 onwards.

Morning 43.45
Next morning ????

*** The End ***

2 comments:

  1. Anything 'ais' is sounding good to me right now. Weather is so hot.

    ReplyDelete