Saturday, March 16, 2024

Green beans pastries

On Saturday 16.mar.2024, went to Swee Hing for brunch. He wanted to eat hot soupy food to warm the tummy so after ding ding dong dong a few rounds, he reluctantly settled on swee hing although he is the one who brought up swee hing first.

8.16 am - MYR 6.10 nett for iced cham and hot cham, both less sweet. 
MYR 11 nett for trotters wanton noodles with tiny pieces of deep fried lard aka ju yao zhar hidden in the noodles.

8.17 am - hand torn pan mee with sliced pork and requested no minced pork. Add extra yin choy so the price is MYR 10 nett.

9.28 am - suddenly felt like eating my favourite pastry which is green beans pastries or mung bean pastries so bought the above 3 items.
6 large pastries MYR 11 nett
Ban Heang mung bean pastries MYR 4.80 nett
One egg tart MYR 2.30 nett because I got exactly MYR 2.30 coins remaining so thought I would use them all up.

I bought and paid for ban Heang mung bean and then walked away. Then returned to buy the 6 large pastries from the coffee shop sitaopor and the sitaopor said to me, eh, you fat already. I said no and she said your face is fat. I am like 😶

Coins used today:
6.1+4.8+2.3=13.2

9.35 am - the egg tart he says taste like having margarine in it but I couldn't detect any special taste. Just acceptable.

The ban Heang green beans pastry is sweet and the green beans fillings taste ok.

The large green beans pastry has a more savoury deep fried shallots taste in the green beans paste fillings but overall taste is sweet. I can detect dried orange peel taste in the green beans paste fillings but he says there is none. He couldn't taste it. I guess we can only detect different taste.

6 comments:

  1. you must be a regular customer till the sitaopor can recognise u. Maybe that day your face seem puffy, but definitely you are not fat. You are kinda underweight i guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been going to her coffee shop since 2016 once a week. When I told my brother this, he said to me, y u not wearing face mask?

      Ok, since the pandemic I have been wearing face mask so how does the sitaopor know my face is fat or not hah! Only today I didn't wear.

      Hahahaha thanks for your kind words. My brother says I look like a 🍭 😂

      Delete
  2. Lol on your fat face. She sounds friendly to me.

    My dad loves such pastries. Traditional type especially mung bean filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you as a sitaopor doesn't go around telling your customers that they are fat

      Delete
  3. Food sellers especially should not tell customers they are fat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! Wonder what is going on in her head.

      Delete