Friday, February 7, 2020

WG Vintry

 Vintry, a new place for lunch at Symphony building, PJ.

 What would you order from the February set lunch menu?

 My friend ordered the Hainanese pork chop from the ala carte menu at MYR 30++ (10% service charge and 6% SST = MYR 34.80 nett). The pork chop is a bit on the tough side according to her.

 I simply ordered the set lunch fish sandwich at MYR 16.50++ (MYR 19.14 nett) which includes soup of the day and ice cream. Soup of the day is mushroom soup and plain drinking water is provided foc.

 I was told that it was tilapia when I asked but I couldn't tell what fish it is. Anyway, all I can say is that I wouldn't order this again because I am trying to eat less deep fried food.

 I chose chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream. The portion is quite a lot, almost like two big scoops and the ice cream is prescooped into the cup and freeze so it didn't melt easily as it was frozen.

Total bill is MYR 53.95 nett.

14 comments:

  1. Can go for grilled food if you are eating lesser deep fried food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would order the pork belly stew with white rice from the feb menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that dish is only available from 16 feb 2020 onwards.

      Delete
  3. Hainanese pork chop looks like my late mum's version of the sweet and sour pork. Not like how they do it at the shops, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure your late mother's version is very, very nice.

      Delete
  4. The Hainanese Pork Chop looks nice with the gravy and carrots with onions. The pig must be old with the hard meat. My teeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure is old or just the part is not that tender.

      Delete
  5. I also control myself from taking too much fried food. But hard to resist sometime. Lol.

    If to choose from the February lunch set, I go for the tom yum fried mee hoon. Something I dont usually would order but I like to try something different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe your home cooked tom yum fried mee hoon could even be better than this.

      Delete
  6. I'd take the lamb chop for sure. Good prices.

    ReplyDelete