Wednesday, February 19, 2020

WG 123 Gasing cafe

My lunch order - seabass rice bowl at MYR 19 nett. One of the 3 rice bowls from the set lunch menu. The other rice bowls are vegetarian rice bowl and chicken rice bowl. The seabass fish (siakap) is fresh but they put a bit too much soy sauce deep fried garlic on top of the fish as garnishing so it is a bit on the salty side but overall, apart from the saltiness, this dish is tasty with the sugar snap peas and mushrooms.

The small bowl of soup is a bit oily with lots of onion slices in it so I did not drink it. Side view of the fish with its tender white flaky fish meat. Two of us ordered this dish.

The 4 of us paid for our meals separately so we received individual receipt each.

My friend's pan fried 170g salmon on pesto sauce at MYR 38 nett.

Side view of the thick salmon fish.

Aglio chicken at MYR 24 nett. Served piping hot.

My 3 friends shared this pandan layered gula malacca cake at MYR 11 nett. I was too full to eat desserts although I gave two tablespoonfuls of rice to my friend.

Side view of the cake which my friends said was very tasty because of its strong pandan taste and fragrant coconut flakes. The cake is not too sweet so it was not cloying. Despite its name, my friends said that they could not taste any gula malacca in the cake, I wonder why. Perhaps they just use gula malacca as the sugar for baking the pandan layered cake.

My friend's mocha coffee at MYR 13.50 nett. Thick and creamy.

123 Gasing cafe at Jalan Gasing, PJ (same row as Ipoh Chicken Rice, Gasing branch).

Entrance to the air-conditioned dining area.

Counter facing the non air-conditioned dining area.

Cake counter in the air conditioned dining area. They sell many types of cheese cakes. Each slice of cheese cakes costs MYR 15 nett each.

Storefront - 123 Gasing Cafe - this cafe has been here for quite a while I believe so it has a low-key frontage.

12 comments:

  1. I would prefer sea bass to salmon. This is in PJ Old Town side, right? EPF, St Francis Xavier's Church side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not be able resist the pandan layer cake. This sort of cake, I am willing to pay because not so practical to bake it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both seabass or salmon i also like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I remember this cafe, passed by otw to the chicken rice. Food looks quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm I want the pandan cake. Last night my neighbour gave me some pandan cake, yums!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food look yummy.
    Love the greenery too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good that they have lots of plants around.

      Delete