Thursday, February 13, 2020

WG Mei by Fat Spoon

We went to The Hub, SS2 for lunch again. This time, our lunch is at Mei by Fat Spoon. Ny order: Beef with rice at MYR 20+ (6% SST = MYR 21.2 nett). The broth is a bit on the salty side, I would prefer it to be less salty. It has bonito flakes in the soup too if I am not mistaken, giving the broth a smokey taste. My friend gave me two pieces of daikon from her salmon soup rice meal.

Salmon soup rice meal at MYR 19+ (MYR 20.14 nett). The rice is soaked in the soup. I think I prefer this meal so I will order this salmon soup rice the next time we eat here.

Torched mentai omelette rice at MYR 21.20 nett.

Soy chicken rice at MYR 19.10 nett.

Lemongrass and pandan drink in a pot at MYR 10.60 nett.

Total price for 4 pax is MYR 92.20 nett.

Interior: looking out at the back glass door.

Interior: exposed air ducting over counter.

Storefront - Mei by Fat Spoon at The Hub, SS2.

Please click on the photo for a larger image for all 4 pages of menu.

Initially I order chicken macaroni soup from the children menu but the staff told us that they have no more macaroni left.

Drinks menu.

Desserts menu.

Only two items on their lunch specials menu.

No straws and special price for coffees from 3 pm to 6 pm.

They even sell yee sang during cny.

16 comments:

  1. Is this a japanese restaurant? I would like to try the mentai omelette rice and the fried lemongrass chicken poppers rice bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really fancy rice soaked in soup, i would rather have porridge or congee in that case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rice soaked in soup sometimes can be very tasty!

      Delete
  3. I would love the beef soup with noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been curious about Mei by Fat Spoon. So thanks to your post, now I know what they serve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. the soup has more bonito flakes taste than beef.

      Delete
  6. Those soup meals look nice and healthy. No mentai for me though, don't really like mayo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't quite like mayo though I don't mind eating a little.

      Delete
  7. The torched mentai omelette rice looks kind of special... I would like to try that..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when you are in kl, do try to drop by this place.

      Delete
  8. I would opt for the salmon soup rice set.

    ReplyDelete