Saturday, March 23, 2019

WG Fried Salted Egg

21 March 2019 (Thursday) is day 15 of the lunar month so my friends went to Medifoods, PJ to have vegetarian meals. As I did not feel like eating rice, I did not order my usual daily lunch set at MYR 13.80 nett. Instead I spent a long time looking through the noodles menu and randomly chose this Stir Fried Mee Hoon with Salted Egg and Bittergourd at MYR 14.62 nett. It has lots of shredded raw iceberg lettuce, slices of almost raw bitter gourds, julienned carrots and slices of shiitake mushrooms.

I was surprised to see pieces of stir fried salted egg whites and salted egg yolks instead of salted egg yolk gravy. Of course the salted egg is salty but luckily the almost raw bitter gourds help to mitigate the saltiness. Overall, the mee hoon is on the dry side and I would like it to be softer but I like the raw taste of the bitter gourd.

My friends ordered Nasi Dagang which I ate before and Tom Yam Mee Hoon Soup.

I spent a long time looking at this noodle menu.

Perhaps Braised Bitter Gourd Mee Hoon would be better as the mee hoon should be softer. Next time I may try the Oat Milk Soup which is not commonly encountered. Mixed Vegetable Curry Mee Hoon sounds good too.

This is how my order of Fried Mee Hoon with Salted Egg and Bittergourd looked like in the menu.

13 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! I also find the oat milk soup and mixed vege curry mee hoon appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found online that says "The original saying is as follows “Great minds think alike, though fools seldom differ.”"

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it's fried bitter gourd with salted egg with bihun added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meehoon looks very colorful. The dishes on the menu look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green from vege and bittergourd, orange from salted egg yolk and carrots, brown/black from shiitake mushrooms, yellow/white from egg whites.

      Delete
  4. The salted egg beehoon looks good. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet the salted egg gives flavour to the dish. Balance the bitterness of the bitter gourd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dish sure look healthy and love the green bitter gourd colour added to the dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does look that way but may not be suitable for those with on a low-salt diet due to the salted egg.

      Delete
  7. (Sorry still cannot like vegetarian food)

    ReplyDelete