Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Ko Ko Kai

Prawn and chicken hor fun at MYR 13.65 nett. Chicken breast meat 1 portion at MYR 7.30 nett. Chicken drumstick meat boneless at MYR 8.35 nett. The chicken breast meat is very tender and tasty but not as smooth as the drumstick meat. The broth of the hor fun is rich with prawn and chicken taste and the hor fun is slippery smooth. The chicken meat is served warm because hot soup is poured over the meat again and again to heat it up just before serving so this is good for people who prefer their food to be hot.

 A single portion of chicken rice at MYR 3.05 nett - very tasty with chicken broth taste. A bowl of hor fun only at MYR 5.80  nett.

Bill for 3 pax at MYR 38.15 nett. Average price per pax at about MYR 12.71 nett.

Ko Ko Kai stall at Aeon Food Court at One Utama. Their tagline is "the finest chicken hor fun & rice".

Please click on the above menu for a larger image to see the items and prices. Worth to try if you like to eat smooth chicken meat, hor fun and tasty chicken rice.

22 comments:

  1. The chicken rice looks slightly oily and shiny which is just nice for me. I miss my boon tong kee chicken rice now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they are still around, can go eat them tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Ya, will plan a day to go eat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the title was made up but it turns out to be something real...so yeah~perhaps I should go there and try their ko ko kai. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Funny name. Make me laugh. Ko Ko kai. The rooster sound, I guess.

    Yes, I like my noodle soup warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name is so cute and funny! I will try this place next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your description and the look very yummy! I like the easy to remember name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not so much of chicken rice fan, but I do miss Ipoh chicken rice/hor fun.....Ah, so long never eat Ipoh chicken rice liao...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you mean to eat in Ipoh? This can be considered Ipoh chicken rice/hor fun, right?

      Delete
  8. I love chicken rice with poached chicken. Drumstick or thighs for me and not breast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will be ok with the breast meat here. Tender but of course not as smooth as the drumstick or thighs.

      Delete
  9. Looks pretty good. I don't go around ordering chicken rice as there's a shop I like near my house. So if I'm outside, will order something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken rice shop must be very happy to have such a loyal customer as you.

      Delete
    2. Haha. It's good enough for me lah.

      Delete