Sunday, March 3, 2019

WG Teeny Assam Laksa

My friends decided to have lunch at Nam Heong, Starling Mall and I ordered chicken hor fun (MYR 11.20+ 6% sst =  MYR 11.90 nett). The two prawns did not have the taste of fresh prawns so I did not like them but the soup and hor fun noodles are fine.

My friend ordered the Teeny Savoury Assam Laksa at MYR 3.70+ (MYR 3.90 nett). Assam Laksa is available here in this mini sized portion only. All other noodles are only available in regular sized portion. I wonder why Assam Laksa is singled out for this special treatment.

The sweet and sour pork has too much fat so my friend was not satisfied with her meal at all. I did not take photos of the other dishes. After this lunch, I don't think my friends would want to return to this eatery in the near future.

16 comments:

  1. How many soft boiled kampung egg for RM3.20? One? Wowww!!! Have had the experience where the prawns were disappointing, so put off by it especially when the dish did not come cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked my friend and she said she thinks that there were two eggs, can't really remember.

      Delete
  2. Me! I'd happily order a teeny assam laksa... don't have to worry about getting hungry later. (Somehow due to the sourness, I have this worry)

    I haven't been to this outlet since it's not halal and I can't go with my colleagues. Anyway didn't get good review from you also heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the teeny assam laksa has too little noodles so you will not be full unless you order another main meal too. Can go eat their egg tarts which is good.

      Delete
    2. Oh egg tarts I do go and tapau while waiting for lunch.

      Delete
    3. The egg tarts taste nicer when warm.

      Delete
  3. I have not been back there since. The food is not very appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite true. I only go there for their egg tarts.

      Delete
  4. Ipoh has Nam Heong but I don't go there... Food so so only..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so even Ipoh HQ you think their food is so so.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know they have assam laksa. Haven't been to Nam Heong for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why mini size? Perhaps demand not that much? Or maybe they prepared a bit only? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waaah! They serve tiny Assam laksa too!
    Now it is a trend to serve tiny bowls in many restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the other noodles here are in normal regular portion.

      Delete